Discussion Board

Thread: NMSS & Unix

NMSS & Unix

Hello! I would like to know if the NMSS 1.0.1 can run on Unix/Linux. Is there a port for Unix/Linux OS or are the existing package's java classes executable on Unix/Linux (i.e., are the java classes dependent on any Windows library or .dll bundled with the package downloadable from your site)? We have tried implementing the java classes on Solaris as a terminating application. However we are only able to obtain the TO_ADDRESS and the FROM_ADDRESS and nothing else. We are unable to get/parse the following information: Message_ID, ContentType, Content, Status, Received or Sent dates, etc. We would greatly appreciate any help you can give on the matter. We have been coordinating with administrators of the MMSC, and they tell us that, based on the MMSC logs, MMS messages are being sent to our application properly.
    Thank you.

cubfan

Regular Contributor
    Hello

We apologize for the incovienence, but the NMSS 1.0.1 SDK API is not working properly for Terminating Applications. This bug has been noted and is being corrected. We plan to have an updated version of the NMSS SDK out very, very soon. (Keep an eye out for it on www.Forum.Nokia.com)

Until then, please use the MMS Java library version 1.1 for Terminating Applications.

Both should be able to work for Windows and Unix just fine.

In the future, if you have a problem, you can always submit bugs/comments to the "Feedback" tool on Forum Nokia.

Thanks for your patience.

~quyen

Thank you for the information regarding the NMSS and Terminating applications. I have rewritten my program using the MMS Java Library and can now receive MMS messages.

Following the Nokia MMS Java Library API, all received content is saved to file. However, the JPEG images sent to the Terminating application cannot be opened by photo editors or Internet Browsers. Actually, I have only been able to view the picture via file browser programs like ACDSee. Do I need to further parse the received content so that it can be opened/viewed easily?

Thanks again.

cubfan