Discussion Board

Thread: Bearer type

Bearer type

Hi All,

I am trying get available bearer types in my phone programatically.

Code:
        RArray<TUint32> bearers;
        CleanupClosePushL(bearers);

RDebug::Print( _L( "Finding all available bearers\n" ));	
        cmManager.SupportedBearersL(bearers);	
        RDebug::Print(_L( "Number of available bearers is %d\n" ), bearers.Count());
    But for some reason I am getting the bearer count as "0". Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks
    MK

Super Contributor

Re: Bearer type

can you let us know which version of the Sdk you are using ?

Nokia Developer Champion

Well, I believe you are using RCmManager class which is available from S60 3rd FP2 edition and onwards. But this API in public SDKs do not contain SupportedBearersL() method.

But I can see that function here: http://developer.symbian.org/xref/os...nc/cmmanager.h

I am not sure why it should work or why it shouldn't but I hope you have opened the connection of RCmManager and so on. You can better ask this on Symbian Foundation site and see if there is some internal person who has used this method.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    Well, I believe you are using RCmManager class which is available from S60 3rd FP2 edition and onwards. But this API in public SDKs do not contain SupportedBearersL() method.

But I can see that function here: http://developer.symbian.org/xref/os...nc/cmmanager.h

I am not sure why it should work or why it shouldn't but I hope you have opened the connection of RCmManager and so on. You can better ask this on Symbian Foundation site and see if there is some internal person who has used this method.
    yap that is the reason i asked about the SDK version .

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using S^F 2.0.d. Is this problem related to CommsDB? .cre file? I took a dump of comms database (.cfg) and I can see that .cfg file shows LANBearer/Modem Bearer. But when I use this API to findout bearer type, why is it showing the bearer count as "0"?

How does cmmanager know about available bearer types? I am not finding any good examples. Any inputs will be helpful.

The reason I am posting the query here is on one of the customer target the API works fine but on other target it is failing. So not sure why!

Thanks
    MK
    Last edited by milind.vk; 2010-02-18 at 10:55.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by milind.vk View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using S^F 2.0.d. Is this problem related to CommsDB? .cre file? I took a dump of comms database (.cfg) and I can see that .cfg file shows LANBearer/Modem Bearer. But when I use this API to findout bearer type, why is it showing the bearer count as "0"?

How does cmmanager know about available destination? I am not finding any good examples. Any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks
    MK
    I suggest you do ask in symbian.org might be that some of the dlls are not on devices available or dlls returning 0 always internally.

Nokia Developer Champion

Sorry, I do not have much information as it is not in the public SDKs. As said, you can try asking at Symbian Foundation forums: http://developer.symbian.org/forum/
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Thanks! will ask SF

-MK