Discussion Board

Exclamation Series 40 5th and 6th edition Networking issue

Hi All,
    I made 9 http connections at a time in my application to fetch data from server. When i execute this code on Nokia 5310 Express Music (S40 5th edition) connection established successfully but unable to retrieve data from these connections.
    When I run same code on Nokia 5300 (S40 3rd edition FP1) every things works fine and data successfully fetch from server.

Same problem occurred on Nokia 6303 classic (Series 40, 6th Edition) device .

I really do not know Why this happens on Series 40 5th and 6th edition devices. Is there any Http connection limitation on Series 40 5th and 6th edition that we can only create some specific number of http connections at a time ?

please suggest me your valuable opinions. Its urgent for me .
    Thanks in Avdvance.

Super Contributor

Re: Series 40 5th and 6th edition Networking issue

Yes. All devices limit the number of simultaneous connections, and on many Series 40 devices the limit is eight. You will find that some other (non-Nokia) devices have much lower limits.

I recommend no more than one active connection at a time.

Also: it is very important to make sure that all HttpConnections are closed after use, and that all InputStream and OutputStream object acquired from the connection are closed. Failure to close everything correctly may leave the connection active, and could prevent you from creating more connections later. The garbage collection will not close connections for you, even if the connection and stream objects are garbage collected.

Graham.

Re: Series 40 5th and 6th edition Networking issue

Hi Graham,
    Thanks for your reply..