Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Problems with MBM and MBG file

Hi All,

I am having a problem with the .mbg and .mbm file creation, i searched the forum and tried cleaning from command prompt, tried recreating the file in the mmp. Nothing seems to work, this is my error console output.

Pls advice.

Code:
    ***Invoking abld command
    perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Development\Myosotis\projects\MyApp\group\ target winscw udeb  
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\group\WINSCW.make" TARGET CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:93:
    C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyAppContainer.rssi:9: MyApp.mbg: No such file or directory
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:94:
    C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyAppSettingsListBox.rssi:9: MyApp.mbg: No such file or directory
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:95:
    C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyAppMyClass.rssi:9: MyApp.mbg: No such file or directory
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:96:
    C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyClass.rssi:9: MyApp.mbg: No such file or directory
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:97:
    C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyClass.rssi:9: MyApp.mbg: No such file or directory
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:98:
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:99:
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:100:
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:101:
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:102:
    In file included from C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp.rss:103:
    make[1]: *** [C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\build\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\group\MyApp\WINSCW\MyApp.r01.d] Error 33
    make[1]: *** Deleting file `C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\build\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\group\MyApp\WINSCW\MyApp.r01.d'
    make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    C:\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\data\MyApp_reg.rss:7: MyApp.rsg: No such file or directory
    Created \S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\WINSCW\udeb\20029E77.r01
    make[1]: *** [C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\build\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\group\MyApp\WINSCW\MyApp_reg.r01.d] Error 33
    make[1]: *** Deleting file `C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\build\Development\Mydir\projects\MyApp\group\MyApp\WINSCW\MyApp_reg.r01.d'
    make: *** [TARGETMyApp] Error 2
    Last edited by rsiudak; 2010-02-18 at 15:58.

Super Contributor

Re: Problems with MBM and MBG file

can you show us how you are creating mbm file (in mmp file) as there is no trace of MBM creation. i doubt it created as of the missing mbg file.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer, here goes

START BITMAP MyApp.mbm
    TARGETPATH resource\apps
    HEADER
    SOURCEPATH ..\gfx
    SOURCE c8,1 list_icon.bmp list_icon_mask.bmp
    SOURCE c24,1 mark_icon.bmp mark_icon_mask.bmp
    SOURCE c24 mybmp1.bmp mybmp2.bmp mybmp3.bmp mybmp4.bmp mybmp5.bmp mybmp6.bmp mybmp7.bmp mybmp8.bmp mybmp9.bmp
    END
    Last edited by rsiudak; 2010-02-18 at 15:58.

Nokia Developer Champion

How do you include MyApp.mbg in your project? Search in the EPOC32 folder and see if such file exists.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your tip Kiran, i found that the mbm file was of size 0 and that the mbg was not created. Thus something during conversion probably went wrong, that would explain why the files are not created. I started some testing and cleared out mbm via Carbide and started to add bmp's one by one.
    What i found was that the smaller files (+/- 3.7 kb) where no problem, the bigger bmp files where the problem.
    As soon as i add a bmp file with a size of about 8.7 kb then i won't compile. I checked to see if it could have something todo with the filename, so i renamed, without result.

This is really strange considering i have a much larger bmp already loaded in the project. So i figured, something wrong with the files bmp then? I opened the files with another editor and saved them again. And you won't believe it, it works #$*#&!!!

Thanks again and sorry for waisting your time.

Super Contributor

check to make sure that your bitmaps are c24 only more then that might fail