Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

How to use Qt mobility?

Hi,

I don't know how to use Qt mobility api's with my Qt project.

Can I simply use those headers in my project folder and continue using that or should I build and use.

Any proper guidance will be very helpful for me.

And Is there any specific Qt-mobility release for Qt4.6.2? Which Qt-mobility API suits in Qt4.6.2?

Regards,
    Balaji
    Last edited by BalajiR; 2010-02-22 at 09:34.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to use Qt mobility?

You can read all about Qt Mobility in project's home page http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Projects/QtMobility or in its blog http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/category/qtmobility/

There you can find that a new release was made available last week and of course it is Qt 4.6.2 compatible. Details about what it contains can be found from the same sources.

The download page is at http://qt.nokia.com/developer/new-qt-apis and as you can see the APIs come as source code, which means that you have to build them before being able to use them. Build instructions provided in the package.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Hi,

After I configured Qt, how can I start using it in my application. I am using Qt4.6.2 to develop applications. Now I downloaded and configured Qt-mobility and it seems this package will be configured with S60 when running make itself.

I did
    Code:
    configure
    make debug-winscw
    (Note: nothing is inside the lib folder after configure and make. And when I open example qt-mobility project in carbide, some problem occured.
    Project ERROR: Please use the -examples configure switch to enable building of examples )

Now how to configure this or use this with my Qt4.6.2. Should I configure using any command to integrate it with 4.6.2 or through IDE need to give anything.

Please tell me how to go further to use these api's in my application.? Thanks

Regards,
    Bala
    Last edited by BalajiR; 2010-03-26 at 07:55.

Nokia Developer Expert

I cannot comment on how to use it with Carbide but the straight forward command line way and how to incorporate Qt Mobility API's in your qmake project file please check out:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...uickstart.html

The -examples error is related to the fact that you didn't configure mobility to use examples. You have to run "./configure -examples" to fix this problem. Mobility will use the Qt version to which your qmake belongs. Run qmake -v on the same command line your are running configure and it will tell you what Qt it will use. Minimum requirement is Qt 4.6 (any version will do).

Super Contributor

I've gotten this far in trying to install Mobility for Symbian Carbide:

-- Download the "sis" package (which is actually a zip file).
    -- Inside the zip file is a "install.txt" file that gives most of the install info.
    -- Navigate into the "install_to_sdk" folder inside the zip file and copy the appropriate-to-your-SDK inner zip file from there to your SDK directory (the one containing the epoc32 directory).
    -- Expand the zip file "here". It will update several directories in epoc32.
    -- Go back a level in the "sis" zip file and find the "mobility.prf" file. Copy it to the mkspecs/features directory inside your Qt/Symbian directory.
    -- Just for good measure, navigate into the "install_to_device" directory in the "sis" zip file and copy the sis file from there to your Qt/Symbian directory, alongside the other sis files -- where you can find it when you need it.

What seems to be missing at this point is the Qt include files. How do I get those installed? I tried following the vanilla Mobility install instructions, but I can't get configure.bat to run.

Super Contributor

And looking at it a little deeper, I can't find any of the "system" header files (BiCapitalized, with no trailing ".h"). It appears that these are to be built as a part of the build operation (the one that we supposedly don't need to do to install for Symbian).

Super Contributor

OK, apparently got configure to work by specifying both -prefix <QtDirectory> and -qt <QtDirectory>\bin. This built an include directory inside the mobility directory (contrary to what the configure help text implies), but it's not obvious that it's somehow linked it to the Qt directory. I suppose one must specify an INCLUDEPATH in the PRO file.

Super Contributor

Finally got a successful Carbide compile by adding the following to the PRO file:
    INCLUDEPATH += C:/QtSymbian/qt-mobility-src-1.0.0-beta1/include \
    C:/S60/devices/S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/include/applications
    LIBS += -lQtMessaging \
    -lQtBearer \
    -lQtContacts
    and prefixing the Mobility class names with the "QtMobility::" namespace designation.

Apparently the ".h" includes dropped into epoc32/include/middleware get picked up by default, but not those dropped into epoc32/include/applications.

Super Contributor

To get configure.bat to run for my windows config I had to first do
    Code:
    path = C:\QtWindows\2010.01\mingw\bin\;%PATH%
    and then run configure with the -prefix and -qt parms as before (only specifying my windows Qt dir rather than the Symbian one).

Once again it built the system include directory in the Mobility directory, so an INCLUDEPATH is needed. Of course, don't know what to do about the .h includes yet -- probably 11 more INCLUDEPATH entries needed.

Nokia Developer Champion

Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Super Contributor

Well, I cheated and used Cygwin to create an 'includeh' directory of symlinks to the .h files, so that only one more INCLUDEPATH is needed.

When I built Mobility under Creator it didn't create all of the DLLs, apparently (though it didn't report any errors). I have Bearer, Contacts, Location, Media, PublishSubscribe, Sensors, ServiceFramework, SystemInfo. No Messaging, no Versit.

Super Contributor

These would have been easy:

* Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API

* Working with Carbide.c++ IDE for Qt Mobility APIs
    Which is why I was asking for a guide in another thread here.

Super Contributor

* Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
    When I try the equivalent with the Qt-for-Windows command prompt, the path for perl has been dropped, so it doesn't really work too well.

Hi,

I am trying to install QtMobility, I downloaded the zip hich is provided in forum.extracted in folder in which Qt is present.

then I opnd cmd promt,

then configure cmd.....

it fails and the error is ... nmake or mingw32make or make not found....

how to proced to install QtMobility...

Thanks in advance
    Prathibha

Super Contributor

WHICH command prompt? Did you use the Qt one?