Discussion Board

Question Downloading & installing the Aptana WRT plugin manually

I have problems with my proxy server when trying to install the WRT feature to Aptana Studio. I won't elaborate here the problem with our proxy any further but I think it is related to the "nice" feature of our proxy to manipulate any jar-files downloaded through it by adding some extra security classes that prevent the jar from performing any low-level read/write operations without explicit permission from user. I have encountered the same problem with other eclipse-based products too, and also when downloading jar-files directly with web browser.

So, I would like to download and install it manually but the plugin jar-files cannot be found anywhere. I also checked the site.xml of the update site but that didn't help much.

Is the plugin available for download anywhere, or is there any other way to go?

Regular Contributor

Re: Downloading & installing the Aptana WRT plugin manually

You can download a zip of the update site here:
    http://tools.ext.nokia.com/wrt/prod/aptana/plugin/

Refer to the section "Eclipse Update Manager based". Click on the button on the left to download the zip and follow the directions in that section.

Thanks for the link. Gotta consider buying eyeglasses

Couldn't get it working though. Not sure if there is some problem with Aptana Studio itself as the plugin view seemed somehow broken. I tried this first on Win XP and then on Ubuntu but the same errors were given. I'll now try the eclipse plugin version of Aptana and if it seems too difficult, then I'll install Visual Studio or code WRT's with notepad++

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi mauso,

which version of Aptana are you using? Also, which error message do you get?

Pit

Hi jappit,

Aptana Studio 2.0.3. I think the error message was the following

"
    An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    session context was: (profile=AptanaProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
    Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.aptana.ide.xul.browser,2.0.0.1256322375.
    MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: e0fc234ca803728830c811b1019a9df5 and found cb60d17ad5ceeee798a20479bcd2d760.
    "

If i recall correctly, the error was the same in Windows XP and Ubuntu and in both standalone and eclipse plugin installation.

I think it also occurred in both cases: when trying to install via Aptana Plugin view and when downloading the plugin archive first and installing it via Eclipse Update Manager.