Discussion Board

Can I display my contacts in my 7650 as First Name Last Name instead of LN FN?

Hello there,

I'd like your help about this little problem I am having. My Nokia 7650 seems to display my Contacts as Last Name First Name, but I'd like to display them as First Name Last Name instead.

I have looked everywhere (all phone menu options, user guide, this forum, other forums, etc.) and I don't seem to find the solution for this. I am beginnig to think this is not possible although it would seem like a very simple thing to do.

Since I have my phone contacts syncronised with my outlook's contacts, for a while I though the phone would copy whatever display I had set up in my PC, but I made sure my contacts were displayed as Fist Name Last Name in my PC and then I syncronised, but contact still were displayed in the phone as Last Name First Name.

Does anybody know how to achive this? The only workaround I have found is to enter in the phone both the first and last name in either the First Name or the Last Name field of the contact.

Thanks in advanced.

Raúl

FOUND IT! -- NameSwap

Just found myself the answer to my question.

The answer is called Nameswap, a liitle applicaction that can be downloaded and installed for free. I did and it works a treat for me!

Look for it in google or go to http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~ashley/

Raúl

Hi

The problem with Nameswap is that it only puts the first names and last names in the opposite places, as Raúl said he had resorted to doing. I tried this too, but the problem is that when text messages are received, the inbox list displays the names as "last name first name". So you can't get it perfect!

Nokia really need to address this problem for current phones with this OS (e.g. 3650), or even be nice and issue a bug fix for 7650's. The issue with the names, along with the complaint about the low speakerphone volume, is one of the most common gripes with the 7650 I've seen.

You're absolutely right mixsynth!

After installing NameSwap I realise that all this program does is swaping last name and first name in your contact list (hence its name says... suppose I shoulda guessed it! DUH! ), whereas what I really wanted was to display first name and last name, but not swap them!

This is specially annoying if you syncronise your contact list with Outlook as I do. Now in my Outlook I need to keep 2 separate Contact folders: one for the contacts I syncronise with my phone and another for the general Contacts.

Oh well, I guess it is a Nokia 7650 bug as you say and we can't don much about it until they fix it!

Cheers

Raúl