Discussion Board

HDW-2 seems to be faulty

The answer/end key won't perform any of the functions listed in the manual.

Am I right in thinking that I should be able to control the call completely from the headset? When I call someone, the only way to end the call is to use the phone - the manual states that this can be acheived by using the answer/end key. I'm also unable to use the key to switch between the phone and headset (again stated in the manual) so basically this makes the headset pretty much redundant. The only thing the key does seem to work for is answering an incoming call and redialling the last number.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Could it be that I have failed to do something or my settings are wrong - this is the first time I have ever used bluetooth technology.

I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,

Allie

Hi, which phone do you connect the HDW-2 with?

I'm using the HDW-2 with Nokia 6310i and it's actually the only bluetooth thing that is working perfectly ;-)

So, press two times short to acces last dialled nr. Disconnect by 1 short press. During the conversation: 1x press long on the headset-button to switch to the phone-speaker, 1x press long again to switch to the headset. Works fine.

I know there are some problems using Nokia 3650. Phone doesn't ring anymore etc... I heard Nokia stops selling this new HDW-2 already, and will bring out an updated version...

I'm using the 3650 so maybe that's why I'm experiencing the problems. Is anyone out there using the 3650 without the problems I mentioned? I have sent the headset back but I'm beginning to wonder if it's faulty or just very poorly designed. I'm really disappointed with it.

Allie

I think it's rather the phone that is faulty. You should check if there is a firmware-update available! Contact your Nokia Service point and ask for an update. Normally, it's free.

I got my hdw2 for my 3650 today, and what I experienced was that sometimes the headset turns itself off, or at least into some power-saving mode. When this happened, all I had to do to re-connect to the phone, was to holdt the answer-key on the hs a couple of seconds, and it had been re-connected.

I was wondering if you guys knew a way of making the "time-untill-it-goes-into-standby-mode" a little shorter?

That way, it only takes about 1-2 seconds of pressing the answer-key until the hs re-connects to the phone, AND I still hear the ringing-tones from the phone itself...