×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Smile Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Hi All
    I still lay with symbian

    I want to make tracking application for Nokia 5800XM
    The plan would I use for tracking my brother.
    Whether for personal purposes such as this I have to register to obtain certification or signing?

    So how do I get an application not visible to my brother? similar "service background"?

    Thank you very much

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    it is illegal to tracj persons without their knowledge, thus you should not do it, or if you have teh permission why would you need to hide it ?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Smile Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    it is illegal to tracj persons without their knowledge, thus you should not do it, or if you have teh permission why would you need to hide it ?
    In my country this kind of thing is allowed, because my sister was still under 12 years old.
    I feel better in the hide because it would interfere with the mobility of users, for example if he plays the game, calling, camera, etc. Will be disturbed if an application is seen running, therefore better hidden.

    So what if this application is intended for people who know that he was in tracking, Is it okay?
    Please explanation
    Because if successful, there are companies that want to buy my software to know where their drivers
    Last edited by fathihadi; 2010-03-03 at 00:01.

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    your brother was the one you wanted to track, not your little sister, so dunno why you want to talk about her now.

    Basically the person who's phone is tracked should be aware of that, and should have been given permission for the tracking, I'm propably unable to help on this, anyay feel free to check Wiki for articles and examples that can get you started.

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,481

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    How you are planning to track?
    Do you want to get a map as MMS to know where is he/she? or just latitude/longitude?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Quote Originally Posted by mahbub_s60 View Post
    How you are planning to track?
    Do you want to get a map as MMS to know where is he/she? or just latitude/longitude?
    Just longitude and latitude
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    your brother was the one you wanted to track, not your little sister, so dunno why you want to talk about her now.

    Basically the person who's phone is tracked should be aware of that, and should have been given permission for the tracking, I'm propably unable to help on this, anyay feel free to check Wiki for articles and examples that can get you started.
    may be i just want to know how if the target give the permision, like drivers. and how to make application hiden

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    63

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    you can run that application in background by setting hidden factor as KAppIsHidden, or can create some exe or console with no UI part for your purpose.
    Thanks,
    Smrati

  9. #9
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,481

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Quote Originally Posted by smrati_kulshrestha View Post
    you can run that application in background by setting hidden factor as KAppIsHidden, or can create some exe or console with no UI part for your purpose.
    It should be possible. You make an app with autostart (start everytime when phone boot) or you can just push it to back ground or even you could remove from task list.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Quote Originally Posted by mahbub_s60 View Post
    It should be possible. You make an app with autostart (start everytime when phone boot) or you can just push it to back ground or even you could remove from task list.
    I'm new for mobile programming

    Can u give me the link about the way ? How to code, etc.

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,481

    Re: Tracking application, Signing and service background

    Hi,
    First take a look in this autostart feature and then create an app and hide it.

    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...oot_dynamic%3F

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to send sms to some of the service providers
    By niks_u in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010-01-28, 07:02
  2. Signing and Permisions
    By stavrospapa in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-09-03, 13:35
  3. [moved] Problem with Open Signing
    By videolist in forum Symbian Signed Support, Application Packaging and Distribution and Security
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-07-10, 14:09
  4. Do Symbian rejects the Express Signing request on any Business Development ground?
    By arpit2agrawal in forum Symbian Signed Support, Application Packaging and Distribution and Security
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2009-02-19, 10:46
  5. Which code signing service to use? Plus bad experience with VeriSign
    By qmei in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2006-08-10, 10:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×