Discussion Board

Hybrid View

TouchSelectorEntry for QT

Hi,

I'm trying to let a user pick from a very long list and I was hoping to use something like Hildon's TouchSelectorEntry (http://maemomm.garage.maemo.org/docs...ctorentry.html) so they could type in a text box to take them down the list.

I've had a look around but can't see anything like it. Is this coming to QT for Maemo or should I just stick with QMaemo5ListPickSelector?

Regards,

Alex

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: TouchSelectorEntry for QT

You named two possible solutions. Use the one you likes more. However, using native Qt widgets looks like a more logical approach.

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    You named two possible solutions. Use the one you likes more. However, using native Qt widgets looks like a more logical approach.
    sorry slightly confused me there.

I'm trying to write an app in python using QT for maemo. Surely I can't use the TouchSelectorEntry because it's a GTK based hildon widget? I was wondering if the QtMaemo5 widgets had it's own version.

Maybe I've got my wires crossed, admittedly I'm much more used to writing programs that don't have GUIs and this is my first attempt at one.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMuttley View Post
    I'm trying to write an app in python using QT for maemo.
    Qt for Maemo, please. There is no mention of Python in your original post. This time it didn't matter, but hiding relevant information is a sin.

Surely I can't use the TouchSelectorEntry because it's a GTK based hildon widget?
    Sure you can.

I was wondering if the QtMaemo5 widgets had it's own version.
    Yes and it would be QMaemo5ListPickSelector.

Qt for Maemo, please. There is no mention of Python in your original post. This time it didn't matter, but hiding relevant information is a sin.
    Sorry, I didn't think it to relevant because it was more of a QT question than a language question. In future I shall be sure to provide full disclosure.

Sure you can.
    Ok, but probably not the best idea if I don't want to be relying on GTK. Thinking of future versions of maemo/meego.

Yes and it would be QMaemo5ListPickSelector.
    It's close but no cigar. It doesn't have the all important Text Field at the top of the list, unless I'm missing something in the docs. I'm already using this widget in my app but was hoping for something just like TouchSelectorEntry

Regards,

Alex

Sorry, I didn't think it to relevant because it was more of a QT question than a language question. In future I shall be sure to provide full disclosure.
    We have PySide available, but what if not?

Ok, but probably not the best idea if I don't want to be relying on GTK. Thinking of future versions of maemo/meego.
    MeeGo is DirectUI based, so UI will have to be rewritten. Of course native Qt apps will run also, but I guess Gtk will be available as the option any way.

It's close but no cigar. It doesn't have the all important Text Field at the top of the list, unless I'm missing something in the docs. I'm already using this widget in my app but was hoping for something just like TouchSelectorEntry
    Yeah, looks like it's missing. Then you have to do it yourself from QDialog, QLineEdit and QMaemo5ListPickSelector.