Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Red face Entry criteria for Nokia Widgets WRT

Hello,

What are the criteria in order a Web Runtime widget(.wgz) that i will develop will pass QA?
    I did not find any on publisher guide - January_27.pdf. Are there any specific for NOKIA Widgets?

Thank you

Nik

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Entry criteria for Nokia Widgets WRT

Hello Nik,

Not all devices are supported by WRT. The list of WRT supported device is available in the forum nokia http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html

For several types of devices such as N95, N958GB, etc., only the newer firmware support WRT.

Also, if the widget supports homescreen, it should be able to be set to the homescreen (for devices like N97 and N97 mini).

Otherwise, there is no other limitation in uploading WRT files besides the generic entry criteria for testing found on page 50 of the publisher guide.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
    OviAndrew
    OVI Publisher Support
    Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit

Regular Contributor

Hello OviAndrew,

That was very helpfull indeed! Sorry about my ignorance but i am newbie in Nokia's platform.
    Based on you answer i have some additional questions to make that i believe most of the
    (new)Nokia Widget developers have:

(a)I went to the page http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html that you suggested
    and i saw that there was a filter for "Web runtime", "Web Runtime 1.0" and "Web Runtime 1.1".
    (1)What is the difference between them?
    (2)Can i set to my widget conf file which runtime version i should support?

(b)you mentioned that "For several types of devices such as N95, N958GB, etc., only the newer firmware support WRT."
    I have a specific problem on that. I am testing a sample widget with my Nokia N82 handset [User-Agent
    "Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/31.0.016; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 )...."]
    and the widget installs, and opens. The problem is that for the style property overflow-y:auto;,overflow-y:scroll, etc
    does not work on the phone(N82). The area is not scrollable. This is why
    (1)The firmware of the handset that i am testing is not the appropriate?
    (2)i have to set to my widget conf file which runtime version i should support?(WRT 1.0. WRT 1.1)?

(c)when i asked for Entry criteria i ment specific conditions that my widget should fullfil.
    For example for a S60 handet with screen size 240x320, my widget which has a scrollbar in one of the
    screens (because of the content height inside is lets say 360pixels) will PASS QA?

Hello,
    You can find details of the features for each WRT version number here
    http://library.forum.nokia.com/topic...64040A664.html

The overflow issues is likely related to the browser.
    The N82 typically uses WebKit 413 (to the best of my knowledge...although some devices may have WebKit 525 if this has been implemented in a firmware upgrade.)

Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/10.0.046; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

WebKit 413 does not fully support certain CSS parameters. I have no specific link to provide for details but overflow is a property that has been problematic on this browser.

Steph

Regular Contributor

yiibu_steph,

As far as i understund the overflow property is not well or not at all implemented.
    So in order a programmer to be "safe" and cover all the compatibility list must not implement overflow property
    correct?

Nikos

I think that would be safest to avoid a rejection during testing, especially if you cannot conclusively implement and test a workaround on all your supported devices.

Steph