Discussion Board

Post Diffusion dither in QT

Hai friends,

I am trying to convert image to another formate using

image.convertToFormat( QImage::Format_Mono, Qt::ImageConversionFlags flags = Qt:: DiffusionDither )

I will get the output as i want but the problem is when i place two or more images in my template and try to process it small dots are appear between images in output file. I don't know why that happens. can any one help me in this issue.

Thanks in Advance
    Devi.ch
    Last edited by devi.ch; 2010-03-03 at 12:42.

Super Contributor

Re: Diffusion dither in QT

Quote Originally Posted by devi.ch View Post
    when i place two or more images in my template and try to process it small dots are appear between images in output file.
    Could you please elaborate the question?

I am working on a template in which we are able to place different objects. When i place the one image object on the template and process the template my output is correct. My output formate is an image which is in diffusion dither formate. When i place more then one image in the template in my output there is dots between images
    from the ending of first image small black dots will appearing till the next one per example

image1.................
    ...................image2

Super Contributor

I am working on a template in which we are able to place different objects. When i place the one image object on the template and process the template my output is correct. My output formate is an image which is in diffusion dither formate. When i place more then one image in the template in my output there is dots between images
    from the ending of first image small black dots will appearing till the next one per example

image1.................
    ...................image2
    So what is the template?

A template is a tool for enforcing a standard layout and look and feel across multiple pages. When you change a template, any pages or regions that are based on that template are automatically changed as well. Templates provide additional standardization controls, depending on the type you use. We can place different objects like plan text, rich text and images on any pages of template. When it is process we will get different output formates like pdf, ps.

When i place two image objects in one of the page in template there is dots in between images as i told already. My template is also design using QT. Can u help in this

Super Contributor

A template is a tool for enforcing a standard layout and look and feel across multiple pages. When you change a template, any pages or regions that are based on that template are automatically changed as well. Templates provide additional standardization controls, depending on the type you use.
    Are you talking about Oracle Application Server?
    http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...9/template.htm

When i place two image objects in one of the page in template there is dots in between images as i told already. My template is also design using QT. Can u help in this
    The problem you have seems to be hidden in template implementation and way you use it. Since you didn't provide any relevant information on the template, I would not expect for any useful replies.

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    Are you talking about Oracle Application Server?
    http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...9/template.htm

The problem you have seems to be hidden in template implementation and way you use it. Since you didn't provide any relevant information on the template, I would not expect for any useful replies.
    Please leave about template there is no problem with my template.
    My problem is that i have an image per example by using ms-paint i placed two images side by side and save it as one image (bmp). If i try to convert that image format using
    convertToFormat( QImage::Format_Mono, Qt::ImageConversionFlags flags = Qt:: DiffusionDither ) using qt

the resultant image(bmp) gets dots between two images.

If you are not clear with this i will send my resultant images to you. please give me your mail id. Thank you for your replies

Regards
    Priyamvada

Super Contributor

My problem is that i have an image per example by using ms-paint i placed two images side by side and save it as one image (bmp). If i try to convert that image format using
    convertToFormat( QImage::Format_Mono, Qt::ImageConversionFlags flags = Qt:: DiffusionDither ) using qt
    the resultant image(bmp) gets dots between two images.
    There is no problem with convertToFormat itself, which means that your problem actually happens in earlier steps
    You can use publish image on a free image hosting service like this one http://imageshack.us/