Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Can i directly copy paste N97 SDK device folder from one machine to other?

Hi,

I have N97 SDK installed on one machine. Unfortunately, I lost the setup files for the same and now want to install it on my other machine. With pathetic network condition in my area, I'm unable to download the setup again.

Will it work straight forward if I just copy paste the SDK directory(C:\S60devices\<N97 directory>
    from one machine to other?

I'm doing the same but it's just not building. I have also copied the tools from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symbian but it is not helping either. I guess I'm missing environment variable that are to be set? I'm setting EPOCROOT variable to point to C:\S60devices\<N97 directory>

Can someone please help.

Super Contributor

Re: Can i directly copy paste N97 SDK device folder from one machine to other?

Better you start download it during night time. Copying may not worked though I have not tried it myself.

I tried the same thing with 3rd Ed FP2, it worked for me then as far as i remember. Dont know what is happening wrong this time?

Can someone please comment?

To be precise, this is the error, I'm hitting when I do bldmake bldfiles:

warning: "C:\S60\devices\Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\GCCEV6.bsf" Invalid BSF
    specification - customization restricted to ARMV5, ABIv2 and valid BSF platform
    s
    warning: "C:\S60\devices\Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\GCCEV6T2.bsf" Invalid B
    SF specification - customization restricted to ARMV5, ABIv2 and valid BSF platfo
    rms
    warning: "C:\S60\devices\Nokia_N97_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\GCCEV7A.bsf" Invalid BS
    F specification - customization restricted to ARMV5, ABIv2 and valid BSF platfor
    ms

Can some one please help?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Copying works, I do that all the time. I don't ever use EPOCROOT though, instead I make the due changes/additions to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symbian\devices.xml

What you are showing there are warnings, not errors. And they may or may not have anything to do with your moving the files around. I notice that you are running the SDK on a 64 bit machine, likely on Windows Vista or 7, so plenty of things to go wrong there.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite