Discussion Board

Module not recognized

Hi,
    I have installed on my Nokia E71, python 1.9.7 and I want to make a script that will make my phone vibrate. In order to that I have installed the extra module Miso v1.98. (miso-1.98-s60_31_py2_self) on the phone's memory, but whenever I want to import the module in a script or in the interactive console it gives the following error: "ImportError: No module named miso".I tried this module on my friends phone, who has a Nokia e51 and Python 2.0 installed, and it still gives that error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong so please help me with this problem.

Re: Module not recognized

Nevermind, I have found what the problem was ... it was the system protection of my phone. After I got my .cer and .key files, I have downloaded the developer version o miso's module (miso-1.98-s60_31_py2_dev.sis), which is not signed , and I sign it with my own certificate. After intalling it, I was able to import the module in python without any errors.

Regular Contributor

Really? How do you sign it? How do I get a certificate? I really want to use miso.vibrate in my project but it always says no module named miso.

Can you tell me how I might be able to sign it, or do I need a complex procedure / license? Thanks a lot!

Regular Contributor

OK I got it to work on 5800XM, inspired by previous poster. Here is how:

1. Go here http://www.hiit.fi/files/fi/da/miso/utils/download/ and download http://www.hiit.fi/files/fi/da/miso/...32_py2_dev.sis

2. Now go here and sign that file using your IMEI (*#06# shortcut I think) https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...ignedOnline.do

3. Now open that on your phone. At first I got certificate errors about the date, so I changed the phone date back one year to 2009. That didn't work either, so then I moved phone back to original 2010. Then tried again and it worked. Don't know why.

4. Now I can import miso in my projects.

If it doesn't work for you, try the date changing trick. Annoying, but works. FINALLY! HAHAHAHA

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jtullis View Post
    3. Now open that on your phone. At first I got certificate errors about the date, so I changed the phone date back one year to 2009. That didn't work either, so then I moved phone back to original 2010. Then tried again and it worked. Don't know why.
    FYI: The signature is valid from the exact moment it was signed on the sym-signed server. Slight differences between server and phone time may cause the install on the phonr to fail at first. So don't stress, just wait a few minutes and try again