Discussion Board

Question Is it possible to have individual purchaser's information?

Is there a possibility to have the email address, name and/or IMEI of the individual purchaser? The reason I'm asking this is because I want to include limited period free data updates from our server in the purchasing price. But in order to do that, I would need some info to be able to identify the end user who has made the purchase. So, is it possible? BTW, I'm mainly interested in N900.

Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to have individual purchaser's information?

Nope.

All you could do is have your app connect to a server when it installs the first time. Then, just submit it to QA so long until you get a QA worker who does not check for this.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello Sasler,

We do not currently offer tools that monitors the length of an application to emulate a "trial period". The work around offering a trial version of your application is to limit the item by content such that the user is only allowed access to certain parts of the application and not the whole version. They can then download the full version from the Ovi Store if they wish.

Be advised that OVI does not accept applications which require registration where its sole purpose is to collect data from the customer. OVI also does not accept any paid registration as this does not compliance with the OVI revenue model.

Hope this clarifies.

Best regards,
    OviAndrew
    OVI Publisher Support
    Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit

Quote Originally Posted by OviAndrew View Post
    We do not currently offer tools that monitors the length of an application to emulate a "trial period". The work around offering a trial version of your application is to limit the item by content such that the user is only allowed access to certain parts of the application and not the whole version. They can then download the full version from the Ovi Store if they wish.

Be advised that OVI does not accept applications which require registration where its sole purpose is to collect data from the customer. OVI also does not accept any paid registration as this does not compliance with the OVI revenue model.
    No, my idea is not to have a trial period. The app I had in mind would download data from our server to get the latest data. But because this data is not free for us, I want to limit two things:

1. Incuded in the purchase price would be free data for 1 year (for exmaple)
    2. I want to make sure that theya are using licensed product, that is the user has paid for the app

To do this, I would probably require an initial registration (including IMEI) which we would then store to our server. When ever the client app then would update the data (usually daily), the server would check if it's a registered user before giving the data. Would this be allowed in OVI?

Thank you all for your replies