Discussion Board

[moved] Application is untrusted and may be harmful to you phone

ISSUE#1: SUMMARY: Application is not signed. A warning message is displayed during installation. STEPS TO REPRODUCE: 1. Download the content. 2. Try to install the content and observe. ACTUAL RESULT: "Application is untrusted and may be harmful to you phone." warning message is displayed at the beginning of installation process. EXPECTED RESULT: Application is properly signed and is free of any error or warning messages displayed during installation.ISSUE#2: SUMMARY: Device distribution doesn’t have any device per platform as “FULLY TESTED” STEPS TO REPRODUCE: 1.Access the device distribution list in Publish to Ovi tool. 2. Check the “Compatibility” declarations for each platform of devices. ACTUAL RESULTS: Device distribution doesn’t have any device per platform as “FULLY TESTED”.EXPECTED RESULTS: Device distribution must have at least one device per platform set as FULLY TESTED. ISSUE#3: Java applications are not compatible with Maemo OS (public, Qa in prog
    ress -> Qa failed)

how to resolve it..plz help

Super Contributor

Re: [moved] Application is untrusted and may be harmful to you phone

I've moved this to the Ovi area, as I think you'll get better help here.

ISSUE#1: Java applications submitted for Ovi must be signed to the "trusted third party domain". This usually involves buying a certificate from Thawte or Verisign, or submitted your app for testing through the Java Verified scheme. See here for more information on signing Java apps.

ISSUE#3: Presumably you've tried to submit your Java app for deployment to Maemo devices (N900). Maemo devices don't support Java.

Graham.

can i get certificate free.......

Super Contributor

No, sorry.

Graham.

can i use others publisher-id

satpuda

im sorry to say this and this may sound harsh to some but i hope satpuda26 will get his publisher account revoked.
    this is exactly the kind of publishers that spams ovi with realy bad content and create antagonism among ovi users in regards to ovi store, obviously i dont want nokia to become apple with its ambigious rules on what content is ok and not but i do believe that there should be some standard of quality along side proper functionality.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shaii View Post
    im sorry to say this and this may sound harsh to some but i hope satpuda26 will get his publisher account revoked.
    this is exactly the kind of publishers that spams ovi with realy bad content and create antagonism among ovi users in regards to ovi store, obviously i dont want nokia to become apple with its ambigious rules on what content is ok and not but i do believe that there should be some standard of quality along side proper functionality.
    Sorry to say but I second this.

Nokia should maybe perform a basic "knowledge test" before giving an Ovi account
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello all,

Just to re-confirm:

Please do not share your publisher-id with anyone.

To get an application signed, please compare the various 3rd party signing companies for pricing.

If you are developing Web runtime applications, however, those do not need to be certificated/signed.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by OviNomi View Post
    Hello all,

Just to re-confirm:

Please do not share your publisher-id with anyone.

To get an application signed, please compare the various 3rd party signing companies for pricing.
    1 is sensible.

2 is not. Just do Express signed - from tomorrow onwards, its just 10 euros a pop!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    2 is not. Just do Express signed - from tomorrow onwards, its just 10 euros a pop!
    Symbian Express Signing is not applicable to Java applications.

Graham.

Super Contributor

Oops, my bad. Bad, bad Tam
    My other blogs: