Discussion Board

getURL("Javascript ...

Is there an option to run a Javascript from within the SWF file, using getURL("Javascript ... without getting this message: "allow flash content to establish network connection". The Javascript I want to run is local, and doesn't access the internet at all.
    Thanks,
    Ranco

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: getURL("Javascript ...

According to my observation, it is only possible if u embeds ur swf into a WRT.. I did a quick test with a flash content having this call
    Code:
    getURL("javascript:alert('It is working!')");
    Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Last edited by sajisoft; 2010-03-05 at 19:12. Reason: linking

Re: getURL("Javascript ...

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    According to my observation, it is only possible if u embeds ur swf into a WRT.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Ok, thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I'm getting off WRT's - had very bad experience with performance issues. Slow user interactions, slow animations, etc. At least on 5800 (better on N97 for some reason, thought)

Thanks,
    Ranco

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ranco View Post
    Ok, thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I'm getting off WRT's - had very bad experience with performance issues. Slow user interactions, slow animations, etc. At least on 5800 (better on N97 for some reason, thought)
    I agree. But u have to think of a trade-off between a security pop-up and flash lite performance (if u r embedding swf into a WRT only due to this reason).

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: getURL("Javascript ...

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    I agree. But u have to think of a trade-off between a security pop-up and flash lite performance (if u r embedding swf into a WRT only due to this reason).

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Right, in some cases this popup is reasonable (like - opening a web page), but not for what I wanted to use it for.
    Anyway, thanks and congrats on your "Forum Nokia Champion" !!! You really deserve it!

Ranco

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ranco View Post
    Right, in some cases this popup is reasonable (like - opening a web page), but not for what I wanted to use it for.
    Yeah! user may get confused if the application is doing a local call and asking user for allowing network access. Wish Adobe take a look at this issue.
    Code:
    Anyway, thanks and congrats on your "Forum Nokia Champion" !!! You really deserve it!
    Your most welcome & Thanks for appreciating

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft