Discussion Board

7210 and 8210 charger

Does anyone know if the Nokia 8210 charger will work with the Nokia 7210.

I know you should use the charger that comes with the phone, but I want to have one charger at home and one at work, the 7210 only came with one charger.

The power socket on both phones is the same, so the 8210 charger will physically fit into the 7210, however I was wondering if this would cause any damage to the phone?

Thanks

I often interchange Nokia power supplies, without doing any harm (so far...).
    BUT, before doing so, see if you can verify that the 2 power supplies output the same voltage. Normally that information will be written on the power supply (it's usually something like 3.6v or 3.7v). I have a feeling that a difference of 0.1 of a volt or so *probably* wouldn't cause problems... but then you might be starting to push your luck...

If they output (roughly) the same voltage, then you should check the power rating (guessing here, but it's usually a few 100 mA or so). If the power ratings are the same (OR the 8210 charger has a HIGHER power rating (remember that's the figure with mA after it)), then you *should* be good to go.

HOWEVER, don't call me if you end up frying your phone... (ha ha)