Discussion Board

my awful story with ovi store

Today I remembered my awful story with ovi store. I paid 50 to open an account and a wekk after publishing my first free flash game as widget I receved an email "media unpublished" then I couldn't login to my account even with using restore password. No one replied to my emails to tell me if it was closed and why ?? Th...at made me so angry. I'm soory but I hate nokia and I can';t wait till I get my flash CS5 and publish my apps to iphone

Super Contributor

Re: my awful story with ovi store

Just charge back the CC fee. This should make them notice you!

P.S. Or, just post some more info here. And send an email to support!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please email publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and indicate your publisher name, the content item and when you registered as a publisher. Ovi Store will not just unpublish a content item without a valid reason, e.g. rights issues on content item

Thank you.

Thanks for your replays,

@tamhanna I used a prepaid debit card and I don't think I can charge back.

My username is benefit_ms and of course I sent publishtoovi.support@nokia.com more than 2 emails before I posted this topic but I didn't receive even a one simple replay from them.

I think my app was unpublished because they closed my account for some reason I don't know. After I received the media unpublished email I couldn't login to my account.

Super Contributor

Hi Benefit,
    now this sounds like a nice story for my web site.

Send an email to tamhan at tamoggemon dot com and I will take care of the matter!

Tam
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Nokia Developer Expert

Account Access

Hello Tam,

I would like to assist you on the matter on accessing your publish to ovi store tool.

If you email to PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com addressing your concerns to Ovi Nomi, I should be able to give you the system access you require.

I believe that I have received previous emails from you before but this access to login issue was not mentioned previously.

Cheers,
    Ovi Nomi
    Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com

Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit

Super Contributor

Hi,
    I am not the one who has the problem, Nomi!

I was just trying to get the other guy to give me his data so that I can forward it. However, he seems to have chimped out for good and ran to the woods.

All is mostly fine for me!
    My other blogs:

Thanks a lot guys for your help
    I'll email you Nomi soon

BTW and besides my bad English, I'd like to say that Nokia seems to care not about individual developers. As other members discussed in the symbian singing topic, the signing costs too much for an individual..
    I'm not gonna say this because the one who developed the following apps was me but really just one developer can make great apps for mobile phones. I started developing for Nokia about 4 years ago with Fl 1.1 and made such a nice "needed" and wanted app for Arabs, and kept improving it with the new versions of flash lite. It was a free application and I distributed it through my website and some ads over the net. Till that time I had no problem because this app was about 200MB so the there was no hope to distribute it OTA.

Then, I liked developing for cell phones because there are only a few Arabic companies who work in this field so there is a big market need.
    I made some simple apps but it was very hard to find an easy and cheap way to distribute them.

Couple of months ago, Calling all innovators Middle east has started and was very interesting with a (100,000$) cash for the first winner and 25,000 for the second and just nokia launchpad for the rest ten. Their prize allotment was weird !

I worked too much and made a "GREAT" game, the FIRST arabic word game. Yet there's no other real word game in Arabic neither for mobile nor pc. I did my best to make it pretty with graphics and motions and very interesting game play.
    check this video (it's in Arabic but the image speaks
    http://www.benefit-ms.com/?q=node/8

I didn't win those were the winners:
    http://bil3arabi.callingallinnovators.com/english
    (the grand prize winner made me wondered !! and sad his app idea was very regular and had nothing specific for Middle east).

However, I started to find a way to publish my game but..
    But it was very expensive to pay for the signing. I ripped my flash game in a widget and published a demo version on my account in Ovi store. 8 days later I received an email from nokia that my media was unpublished and after that I couldn't access my ovi account anymore.

So please, if you want to get benefit from what individual developers can generate then make the signing and publishing to ovi easier and cheaper. Also the activation/key is very important so our apps on ovi are not a piece of cake for pirates.