Discussion Board

how to add emulators to Aptana Studio

I have several SDK's installed, including the S60 5th edition one (full installation).

I installed Aptana Studio to start with WRT development. For some reason , one the "Widget deployment settings", none of the emulators is visible on "select emulator" drop down.
    How can I get the emulators to be visible there so I can deploy fast to emulator?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Every journey starts with a small step.

Thumbs up Re: how to add emulators to Aptana Studio

hi,

Did you installed nokia WRT Plug-in for Aptana Studio. If not Click on help__> Install additional featurs. Then in featured plugin check "nokia WRT Plug-in for Aptana Studio" and click on install.
    after successful installation. you will have a tab in wrt_preview_frame.html naming "nokia web runtime(wrt)" go to that tab and you will see your emulator. whatever application you need to make use index.html,basic.js and basic.css. All the Best for developing A widget.
    Regards,
    Hussain Dhilawala
    B.E(electronics and Communication)

Re: how to add emulators to Aptana Studio

Nokia WRT plugin is installed, as well as SDK for S60 5th edition 1.0.2 (and some others for 3rd edition).
    However, in the "Widget deployment settings" the "Select emulator" drop down is empty.

Also, for deployment to handsets, the select handset is empty when two handsets (a 6710 and a 5800) are connected to the computer an visible via the Ovi app. Pressing "Search" has no effect.

I use Windows XP.
    I never got that working. The installed emulators are not visible and deployment to phone does not work. I have to do it manually. I normally connect the phone to my computer via USB, but I have tried with BT as well with same results.

juannoguera, did you ever get this working? I am having same problem. Can you tell me how to fix this issue?

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

I have not a direct solution, but an useful workaround to quickly deploy your widgets to any S60 emulators.

First, you have to install your widget in the standard way (so, by using the "File" -> "Open" option within the emulator itself). Once it is installed, you can deploy modified versions of the widget itself by overwriting the widget's resources in its private folder, that is created under the S60 emulator root. Specifically, widgets are usually installed to paths like this:

<SDK_ROOT>\epoc32\winscw\c\private\10282822\<widget_identifier>\

In the path above, <SDK_ROOT> is where you have installed the SDK and <widget_identifier> is the ID that you have chosen for your widget.

If this is not the correct path in your case, you can simply perform a search for a folder named <widget_identifier>, and you should be able to find the install path of your widget.

Waiting for a more concrete solution to the deploy issue, hope this hint helps
    Pit

Another thread http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ting-s60v5-sdk mentioned that Aptana plugin is looking for file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\devices.xml

At least on my 64-bit Windows 7 installation the SDK installer did not place to file into that directory. Instead the file went to C:\Program Files\Common Files (x86)\Symbian\devices.xml
    After manually copying the whole symbian directory to correct place Aptana found my emulator.