Discussion Board

Carbide wont build .sis?

Hi all.

I followed this tutorial here:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...arbide.c%2B%2B

When i build my project, the .sis doesnt get generated, no problems are reported, but there are red bits in my console window. Here they are:

WARNING: Cannot determine the version of the RVCT Compiler.
    xxxx
    xxxx
    Created \Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\INCLUDE\test_0xED5B214C.RSG
    xxxx
    xxxx
    In file included from ..\\src\\Test.cpp:11:
    ..//inc/test.h:6:22: flash_ui.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from ..\\src\\Test.cpp:11:
    ..//inc/test.h:16: error: `FlashUIConfig' does not name a type
    ..\\src\\Test.cpp: In member function `virtual CApaDocument* CstubApplication::CreateDocumentL()':
    ..\\src\\Test.cpp:47: error: `config' undeclared (first use this function)
    ..\\src\\Test.cpp:47: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
    ..\\src\\Test.cpp:54: error: `FlashStubsSupported' undeclared (first use this function)
    ..\\src\\Test.cpp:58: error: `CreateFlashDocumentL' undeclared (first use this function)
    ..\\src\\Test.cpp:59:3: warning: no newline at end of file
    make[1]: *** [..\..\..\..\9.1\S60_3rd\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\test\group\TEST\GCCE\UREL\test.o] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETTEST] Error 2
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx

Please help! Thanks...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Carbide wont build .sis?

Your post is like blaming the printer for not printing a paper you haven't yet written because the keyboard is broken.

A sis file is an installation kit, which collects and helps deploy a bunch of exe, dlls and data files (like your Flash animation). But those files must first exists in order to be packaged and that means, in your case, that the *.exe must be compiled and linked out of the source code. Which operation fails.

And it fails because you are using twice the wrong SDK: the API you need is only supported since S60 3rd Edition FP1 (aka S60 3.1) while you use the S60 3rd Edition SDK (aka S60 3.0) and not even the good one, but the first and rather buggy release.

So, if your plan is to deploy the Flash Lite app on S60 3.0 devices, it won't work.
    If you plan to deploy it on S60 3.1 or later devices, make sure to get the right SDK. And then don't attempt to build using the ARMV5 configuration since as the tool already tells you, you don not have the needed RVCT compiler. Use GCCE instead.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Ha ha. Nice analogy. To be honest, I'm literally using carbide to package an .swf file into a .sis package, but it's not as simple as tools like Kunerilite and Janus. However, I've found bugs in Kuneri and the support they offer doesn't seem too great, so I'm trying my hand at using carbide.

Anyways.....I've downloaded the latest SDK, and i still have issues as it doesn't generate the .sis. Here are the errors in my console window now....

\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\test\group\TEST\GCCE\TEST.GCCE:94: *** missing separator. Stop.
    make: *** [LIBRARYTEST] Error 2
    \Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\test\group\TEST\GCCE\TEST.GCCE:94: *** missing separator. Stop.
    make: *** [RESOURCETEST] Error 2
    make: *** [TARGETTEST] Error 2

Thanks again for any help....

Have you installed the CSL ARM Toolchain?

Just to add, this issue has been discussed a lot of times, you could try some of the things already discussed...check http://www.google.fi/search?q=site%3...tor.++Stop.%22

..thanks for your help. I've fixed the issue by deleting the .gcce file.

Then it gave me a -lsupc++ issue, of which i solved using this link:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._Windows_Vista

Thanks again.