Discussion Board

Thread: How to make sis

How to make sis

Hello, I'm building project in ARMV5 successfully but don't have .sis file in such directory.
    How can I make it?
    ---
    I've added sis builder conf with path to .pgk and name some.sis and self-signed. During building I get:
    Creation Time Description Resource Path Location Type
    1268326769472 file I/O fault. CameraExample_S60.pkg /CameraExample/sis line 20 C/C++ Problem
    1268326769563 makesis.exe returned with exit value = 1 CameraExample Unknown Carbide.c++ Build Problem
    1268326769471 Error : Cannot find file : Epoc32\release\gcce\urel\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe CameraExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
    .pkg
    ;Files to install
    "Epoc32\release\gcce\urel\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe"
    I checked and file CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe exists there.

p.s. win 7 latest carbide c++ and it's installed to c:\program files and runned under admin.
    Last edited by Ockonal; 2010-03-11 at 17:13.

Re: How to make sis

you should sign program on web:https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...ignedOnline.do

I know it need the nokia certification , but, I am still not success to sign .SIS

to .SISX, it can not run the real machine.

Right?

Nokia Developer Champion

If you're working in Carbide, select your project and click "Project" on the top bar, then select "Properties". On the Properties screen open the "Carbide C++" topic and select "Build configurations". On the top select your desired hardware configuration (debug or release) with the "Configuration:" pull-down.

Then, on the "SIS Builder" tab click "Add" and then in the "SIS Properties" window that comes up press the first "Browse" button and navigate to the PKG file in your project. Select that and then click "OK" twice. "Clean" and rebuild your project.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ockonal View Post
    Hello, I'm building project in ARMV5 successfully but don't have .sis file in such directory.

Code:
    ;Files to install
    "Epoc32\release\gcce\urel\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe"
    You are building against RVCT complier and trying to get resultant .exe from GCCE folder! You may need to change the path in such a way that it should point to ARMV5 folder. As shown below:
    Code:
    "Epoc32\release\armv5\urel\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe"
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    You are building against RVCT complier and trying to get resultant .exe from GCCE folder! You may need to change the path in such a way that it should point to ARMV5 folder. As shown below:
    Code:
    "Epoc32\release\armv5\urel\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe"

Error : Cannot find file : Epoc32\release\armv5\urel\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe CameraExample Unknown C/C++ Problem
    And there is only old folder.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ockonal View Post
    And there is only old folder.
    Change the path in the pkg folder to reflect your build target type(as hinted by Kiran) and it should work

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Change the path in the pkg folder to reflect your build target type(as hinted by Kiran) and it should work
    Yeah, I replaced full path (include C:\...) to the folders and it works now.
    Thanks all.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hard-coding the paths would be a crude solution. A Cleaner one would be something like:
    Code:
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\CameraExample_0xEF24C10A.exe"
    It works dynamically to reflect your target and platform. But note that it works on carbide effectively and if you are using commandline or any other scripts, it might not work.