Discussion Board

Thread: Empty reports

Empty reports

Hi Ledicia,

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better
    We'll wait and see.

Robert
    Last edited by Klomptek; 2010-03-12 at 11:25.

Re: Empty reports

Hi Robert

Downloads dont appear in reports inmediately. There is a delay of a couple of days in the reports.Currentely I can see downloads only untill the 10th March.

Hope that helps

Ledicia

Exclamation Re: Empty reports

Second question as we still have no reports, but we continue to see new users coming from Ovi on our server: what is the average response time from Nokia on this Forum?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Klomptek View Post
    what is the average response time from Nokia on this Forum?
    Most of the questions here are never answered by Nokia ( that brings the average very low, I presume ). The forums here are mainly for developer-to-developer discussions with moderators stepping in every now and then. Sometimes a Nokia representative says something. Most often not.

Ovi Publish has an email address you can send messages to. Unfortunately, some comments here seem to indicate that people do not get timely replies or sometimes any replies that way, either.

Forum Nokia also offers some paid, premium support services as an alternative (and in case that's relevant to you).

Quote Originally Posted by LPerez View Post
    Downloads dont appear in reports inmediately. There is a delay of a couple of days in the reports.Currentely I can see downloads only untill the 10th March.
    Can somebody tell me how long the delay can be? And usually at what time the updates are available?
    Sometimes, it is critical to have at least yesterday's information on sales.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kvervo View Post
    Can somebody tell me how long the delay can be? And usually at what time the updates are available?
    Sometimes, it is critical to have at least yesterday's information on sales.
    3-5 days usually.

My experience, at least.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello Klomptek,

We have sent out a notification email to all publishers regarding the delays related to content download data and purchase data beginning on the 11th of March. The data should be updated accurately as of the 19th.

If you continue to have issues with the download reports, please contact PublishtoOvi.Support@nokia.com.

Best regards,
    OVI Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/
    Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit

Nokia Developer Expert

Reporting issues

Hello All,

A bit more information on the matter sent out from our newsletter:

Ovi Publish Real-time FAQ about Reporting
    We deem feedback from our publisher partners as incredibly valuable and from time to time we detect trends among the questions posed to our publisher support team. This email and those in the future will provide answers to some of the most important questions. By sharing this information with our publishers everyone may benefit and we hope you find this FAQ useful.

Please feel free to contact our Publisher Support Team directly at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com if you have other questions.

Question: Over the past week, my download reports have been missing data. Why?
    Answer: We acknowledge the importance of download reports and correcting any problems related to these reports remains a priority for us. Since Thursday, March 11th, there have been delays related to free content download data and purchase data for paid content. Even when our data sources properly transmitted data to the reports interface, it did not correctly receive the data. We are confident that no data has been lost and a report systems patch is being implemented.
    Next Steps: We are putting in place more rigorous data interface monitoring to anticipate these types of issues and limit any downtime if they do happen. We have been repopulating the download data since Tuesday, March 16th and we expect all data should be up to date by the morning of Friday, March 26th.

Question: The timing for these reports seems irregular. How often are Ovi Publish reports updated?
    Answer: Most Ovi Publish metrics are refreshed on a 24 hour cycle. Multiple data sources supply data to the reporting interface and sometimes data is delayed from one of these sources. This may impact other metrics in the reporting interface. Despite these inconsistencies in the timing of the data we are working diligently to maintain consistent uptime for the report interface so that you have continuous access to the accurate data you need to run your business.
    Next Steps: One of the goals of our new data quality control procedures is to insure consistent service levels for data delivery and accuracy.

Re: Empty reports - 3/29/10 support update regarding Download stats

All,
    Due to a delay in rendering reports since March 17, 2010 the Ovi Publish current download statistics may be incomplete. The problem is isolated to the free downloads report and the device distribution in the paid downloads report. The estimated revenue reports are up to date and are not affected. We are currently fixing this issue and expect the report section will be back to normal within 5-8 business days. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Should you have any questions regarding these updates, please contact Publisher Support at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com.

Sincerely,
    Ovi Support Team
    publishtoovi.support@nokia.com