Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Regarding FramePositioningControl

Hi
    I am developing an application on Nokia N97 (which supports these video formats: 3gpp, 3gpp2, and mp4) and need to move forward or reverse in a video by a specified time. For that I am trying to use FramePositioningControl, and have been trying to make it work, but every time I call:
    FramePositioningControl fpc = (FramePositioningControl) player.getControl ("javax.microedition.media.control.FramePositioningControl");
    I get null in fpc.

I am able to embed a video and play it on the Canvas. Also other controls like Volume Control is working fine, but somehow I am stuck with FramePositioningControl. I am using the getResourceAsStream() to read the video file from jar.

Lately, I found that FramePositioningControl only supports "File Protocol", it means that I need to use "file:///C:/DATA/VIDEOS/xyz.mp4" to read the video file, but it always throws InputException. I am using this:
    Player player = Manager.createPlayer(getClass().getResourceAsStream("file:///E:/Videos/Camera/201003/201003A0/03142010001.mp4"), "video/mp4");

Please let me know, where am I wrong or if I am missing something.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Regarding FramePositioningControl

Sorry after posting here I realized that getResourceAsStream don't work with file protocol, and hence I changed the code and its working now. But now I have a new question: Is there a way to use the FramePositioningControl on a video file which is part of the jar? I want to run this application on other platforms like Windows, etc, and hence looking forward to make it work from the jar.

Thanks
    Last edited by mohitrb1; 2010-03-15 at 05:29.