Discussion Board

Unhappy CLOCKD_TIME_CHANGED weird behaviour

hi there;

I was trying to listen to system clock changes. after some search, i could find a way to connect to the system clock dbus message (http://www.forum.nokia.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=192214)
    and it worked perfectly!(now, my application responds to the system clock change) except for some strange behaviors:
    - when i connect to the internet using the SIM card , this signal is emitted !!
    - when opening the GPS (the GPS reuests to connect to the internet via the SIM card), the signal is emittted
    Although i disabled the "update Automatically" feature in the clock settings.
    I tried to disable the "automatic time settings based on cellular network time." by calling the function time_set_autosync(int enable ) as discribed in http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/l...5a2751eb9cc0c5

it returns zero (indicating it has successfully disabled the network time), But Still the CLOCKD_TIME_CHANGED is emitted

what is wrong ???

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: CLOCKD_TIME_CHANGED weird behaviour

I cannot reproduce the problem. Which SW build are you using (Settings->About product)? But even if the signal would be emitted falsely, is that a problem since real time doesn't change?

i am using SW Build version 2.2009.51-1
    and about if it is a big problem or not, yes it is a big problem for me,because i made events depend on the time change but the time actually did not change.
    and we tried the command "dbus-monitor --system" on the device when we connected the device to the Internet and found the following messages:
    Code:
    signal sender=:1.16 -> dest=(null destination) serial=409 path=/com/nokia/phone/net; interface=Phone.Net; member=network_time_info_change
       int32 10
       int32 3
       int32 16
       int32 20
       int32 34
       int32 50
       int32 8
       int32 0
    signal sender=:1.30 -> dest=(null destination) serial=5102 path=/com/nokia/time; interface=com.nokia.time; member=changed
       int64 516664847072
    signal sender=:1.30 -> dest=(null destination) serial=5103 path=/com/nokia/clockd; interface=com.nokia.clockd; member=time_changed
       int32 1268771552

Try to upgrade to 3.2010.02-8 build:
    http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
    If signal is emitted when time doesn't change you can safely ignore the signal, can't you?

I've checked PR 1.1.1 release and the signal is not emitted, when I connect to Wlan while having "Automatically update" time setting disabled.
    Last edited by divanov; 2010-03-17 at 09:48. Reason: additional info

no the time is changed only if you connected to the INTERNET using Vodafone operator, but when i used another operator the time did not change.

i can not check if the time changed or not because i detect that time is changed after the time is already set in the system time.

Then please, file a bug to Maemo Bugzilla https://bugs.maemo.org/
    Of course you can know that time has been changed if you save it on application startup.

i think you misunderstand me , i can not detect that time is changed because i get the current time in the slot of the signal
    CLOCK_TIME_CHANGED which inside it the time is the new one,i can't know when this slot is called so i can get the time before calling it to compare the time inside this slot.

i found a workaround to detect that time is changed from the operator using the signal
    Code:
    #define 	CSD_SET_TIME   "network_time_info_change"
    this signal is in the file clock_dbus.h but i can not found this file in my system.
    how can i found this file?

Quote Originally Posted by mismael View Post
    i found a workaround to detect that time is changed from the operator using the signal
    Code:
    #define 	CSD_SET_TIME   "network_time_info_change"
    this signal is in the file clock_dbus.h but i can not found this file in my system.
    how can i found this file?
    String for "network_time_info_change" is defined in clockd package
    http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...235147e1519ca2
    which is closed sourced, so you cannot get a header file. You have to hardcode string name in your code. Note that this is internal API you are not suppose to use, thus, it may change without a notice. I strongly suggest to file a bug about false emission of /com/nokia/clockd; interface=com.nokia.clockd; member=time_changed with your operator.