Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Money will come from

Money will come from country?

In what currency?

Where is Nokia office?

I need this information because I need pay VAT (value added tax) if i get payment from country in Europe Union...

Re: Money will come from

Quote Originally Posted by svopex View Post
    Money will come from country?

In what currency?

Where is Nokia office?

I need this information because I need pay VAT (value added tax) if i get payment from country in Europe Union...
    AFAIK (and especially if you are in the EU) you dont need to pay VAT since OVI already transfer the VAT that the users paid for the tax agencies in their respective countries.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shaii View Post
    AFAIK (and especially if you are in the EU) you dont need to pay VAT since OVI already transfer the VAT that the users paid for the tax agencies in their respective countries.
    Yes. I know about it. VAT pay Nokia.

But if I have business with country in the EU, I must register as VAT payer in the Czech republic (actualy I is not VAT payer).

Then I must pay VAT in my another business in the Czech republic.

Moreover, it is quite administrative burdensome for me too...

So I ask, Nokia will pay me money from the EU?

But if I have business with country in the EU, I must register as VAT payer in the Czech republic (actualy I is not VAT payer).
    i dont understand what you mean by this you MUST already be registered with VAT ID to be a publisher on OVI
    as for the general question Nokia is located in Finland which is in the EU

Super Contributor

If I understand you right: the money from which the account is transferred is in the EU.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Super Contributor

The money is paid into your Company bank account. This is the account details you given in your Ovi Store application
    You will be paid in Euros so no currency conversion problems. You must have a company Tax ID even if its a sole trader. Just get you tax authority which will be something like CZxxxxxxxxx the uk starts GBxxxxxxxxx. Nokia pays the tax authorities VAT as a "Withholding tax". That means you have to claim back anything you think you are owed!.
    Thats the way international companies sort out tax. Mobile phone and software are burdened with this due to the "missing trader" problems of past.
    Jim

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    You will be paid in Euros so no currency conversion problems.
    Not sure what you mean... if I buy svopex's product, the money is converted from from Sterling into Euros, then into Czech Koruna. So he's at the mercy of two exchange rates.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi svopex,

All the answers to your questions you can find in the payment section: Question and Solution, also there you can find Nokia Adress. The currency is EUR.

BR,

Mirya
    Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Not sure what you mean... if I buy svopex's product, the money is converted from from Sterling into Euros, then into Czech Koruna. So he's at the mercy of two exchange rates.
    Hello grahamhughes,

Publishers should not be affected by exchange rates. Publishers select the nominal global price point they wish to charge. Each selected nominal global price point is mapped to a specific local retail price by Nokia,and such local retail prices can vary depending on the distribution territory, operator billing requirements, local market pricing practices, local legislation, local currency differences when billing is not done in Euros, and other factors.

Price mapping is the same for all publishers distributing Content through the Program.

If you need further clarification, please contact us at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

Best regards,

Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/

Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by OviPen View Post
    Publishers should not be affected by exchange rates.
    Thanks for your reply, though I was not actually asking a question.

I think you need to do some math. There are two points where exchange rate affects how much money the publisher receives.

1. If the downloader is in a non-Euro country, then he is not billed in Euros. Publisher sets the "global" price at €1. In the UK, I'll pay £1 for that, not €1. £1 is not the same as €1, so how many Euros the publisher receives will depend on the exchange rate.

2. If the publisher is outside the Euro zone, and he is paid in Euros, the actual value to him in his own currency is also dependent on exchange rate.

There's no getting around exchange rates when you do business across borders, except within the eurozone.

Graham.