Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Launch OVI Maps Routing

Hi Guys

I know how to launch OVI maps and get it to fixate on a certain point from any web page, but does anyone know how to give it two points and provide routing between them?

This is what I have so far:

services://C2A?C2Aid=2305&Version=1.0&2305=Landmark(lat=60.1783853&long=24.795528&name=Espoo%20Museum%20of%20Modern%20Art%20(EMMA))

(Launches OVI maps and centralises on that Landmark.)

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Launch OVI Maps Routing

Quote Originally Posted by gurmukh View Post
    Hi Guys

I know how to launch OVI maps and get it to fixate on a certain point from any web page, but does anyone know how to give it two points and provide routing between them?

services://C2A?C2Aid=2305&Version=1.0&2305=Landmark(lat=60.1783853&long=24.795528&name=Espoo%20Museum%20of%20Modern%20Art%20(EMMA))

Thanks!

Hello there, gurmukh!

Please could you send me a screenshot where you have the result of using that
    call? Also if you could share rest of the code, it would be great. You can use
    either private messaging or send me an e-mail directly: marko.lumivuori@nokia.com

I will be checking for a solution on your problem.

Best Regards,
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: Launch OVI Maps Routing

Hi Maveric,

I have popped up here. How do I launch OVI Maps in a widget? It seem it is possible. I have just finished a widget using Google maps (Yuck!!!).

Regards
    Brian Oldfield

Quote Originally Posted by oldfield View Post
    Hi Maveric,

I have popped up here. How do I launch OVI Maps in a widget? It seem it is possible. I have just finished a widget using Google maps (Yuck!!!).

Regards
    Can you please send us a sample code for Google Maps using in a widget? I have a serious problem for mouse dragging. When I click the link "Show The Location" Google Maps is being loaded for the location parameters it has successfully but when I want to navigate on the map with the mouse the map screen freezes. I can do it in browser and Aptana's Emulator environment but cant do it on real phones e.g X6 and or N97. Can you help me?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ozalpt View Post
    Can you please send us a sample code for Google Maps using in a widget? I have a serious problem for mouse dragging. When I click the link "Show The Location" Google Maps is being loaded for the location parameters it has successfully but when I want to navigate on the map with the mouse the map screen freezes. I can do it in browser and Aptana's Emulator environment but cant do it on real phones e.g X6 and or N97. Can you help me?

Thanks

Hello there ozalpt, oldfield!

=> ozalpt; what comes to your problems with real device compared to the emulator, it is very likely that there maybe differences. Please can you let me know what operating system and browser you are doing your Aptana development? It would be also good to know a little bit more maybe, how you are engaging Google Maps in your widget and maybe provide a glimpse into your code?

=> oldfield, idk if this still is relevant to you, but as you know we currently do not have public 3rd party API offering for Nokia Maps operations. Did I understood your question correctly, were you after to launch OVI Maps application in a widget - meaning "within" like embedded? If so that would not be possible at the time of writing. If you were after launching application from within WRT widget, check out this:

http://library.forum.nokia.com/index...826C5B897.html

However, launching an application from WRT widget does not necessarily mean there is interaction between the widget and the launched app.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Maveric; 2010-05-22 at 15:43.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Hi gurmukh
    Can you please provide some more details about the url above ? i m devoloping wrt using javascript and i wonder if i can find use that url (service::// ) to achive the same result , that is , open ovi at given location
    Any helps will be really appreciated
    Thx a lot in advance

Quote Originally Posted by gurmukh View Post
    Hi Guys

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Hi there

I tested this out on my E52 with the Here&Now app installed. Simply having that link as a hyperlink opened up the Ovi Maps application.

However, many users have told me that it doesnt work on their device, so I'm guessing it might be limited to e52?

Nokia Developer Moderator

The thing is that, it propably is not designed to be used that way, so the implementation might need to differ between different versions of Ovi Mapps. Also as it is not designed to be used that way, there would not be any official way on utilizing the feature.

Regular Contributor

Totally agree!

I found out about this C2A link (I'm guessing it means Click 2 Action) from the web page that the Here&Now app launches. VIewing this page on a web-browser showed the C2A link.

Hi gurmukh , thanks for kindly reply to the same question more than once . In fact , just after posting ,i realized that you already answered about in the forum.
    Anyway now it is sure that command is good for E52

This flow to open OVI from widget is not so bad ...

Landmarks interface
    1) store your place on the device ...
    2) export database to file specifying ids of landmarks
    AppManager interface
    3) use LaunchDoc as "Chained" to open the exported database file and get access to OviMap by menu