Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Using Qt Mobility and publish on Ovi?

I know this has been discussed before but I really don't know the solution and haven't found any in the forum.

I need to connect to the internet several times in my application, I'm using QNetworkAccessManager like this:
    Code:
    	QNetworkAccessManager *networkAccessManager = new QNetworkAccessManager(this);	
    	connect(networkAccessManager, SIGNAL(finished(QNetworkReply*)),this, SLOT(slotFinished(QNetworkReply*)));
    	QUrl url("http://"domain.com");
    	QNetworkReply *reply = networkAccessManager->get(QNetworkRequest(url));
    The problem is that I want the user to only need to select the connection to use once when the application starts. From what I understand I can use QNetworkConfigurationManager to accomplish this. But it's not included in Qt 4.6.2 and I need to install Qt Mobility to get it working. When Nokia approves I wan't do publish my application on Ovi Store. As the Qt Mobility is not included in Qt it will be a problem to publish my app later? The user need to download not only Qt, also Qt Mobility. Or should I use Qt Mobility anyway as it will later be included?

Are you with me on my concerns and thinking, what do you recommend? Is there another workaround that I should use instead?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Using Qt Mobility and publish on Ovi?

Qt Mobility is separate library at the moment, but it will be part of Qt 4.7.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    Qt Mobility is separate library at the moment, but it will be part of Qt 4.7.
    Thanks! So do you think I should use Qt Mobility if I want to publish on Ovi store (if it's a separate library it might be a problem)? Or is there another workaround I can use? How would you solve it?

Nokia Developer Moderator

There are several points. Qt Mobility is in technical preview, thus, not supported by Ovi Store and in its turn you cannot publish application using Qt Mobility now. And you would need to rebuild application, when Qt 4.7 will be out.
    I don't know about Symbian, but on Maemo Qt deals with network selection, when you try do something with QtNetwork, so you don't really need QNetworkConfigurationManager in your use case. For time being it seems that the best option is to use Qt + native APIs.