Discussion Board

Question how to use QNetworkConfigurationManager to handle access point

Hi,

I m making network call using QNetworkAccessManager it works fine on emulator but askes for access point for every network call on device(symbian).

Have posted this query previously on this forum and even received a solution of using QtMobility Bearer Management.

Can anyone help me to figure out how to use this QNetworkConfigurationManager to Handle Access Point, i need to find the available access points and set one(user defined) access point as default.

The Bearer Cloud Example works fine but theres no way it sets any one access point as default, even its not working on device

Thanks

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: how to use QNetworkConfigurationManager to handle access point

Quote Originally Posted by khemant0411 View Post
    I m making network call using QNetworkAccessManager it works fine on emulator but askes for access point for every network call on device(symbian).

Have posted this query previously on this forum and even received a solution of using QtMobility Bearer Management.

Can anyone help me to figure out how to use this QNetworkConfigurationManager to Handle Access Point, i need to find the available access points and set one(user defined) access point as default.
    QNetworkConfigurationManager::defaultConfiguration() returns the system wide default configuration. This system default is currently set via the Symbian network settings app (related keywords are: destination network, Internet). The mobility Bearer API does not allow you to set a default nor does it store the default.

If you want to do the selection by yourself you can do:

QNetworkConfigurationManager m;
    QList<QNetworkConfiguration> allConfig = m.allConfigurations()
    //now pick the config you are after

Note, this only works for S60 3.2+ devices. On 3.1 devices the concept of default configuration doesn't exists. Here it will popup a user choice dialog.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by khemant0411 View Post
    Hi,

The Bearer Cloud Example works fine but theres no way it sets any one access point as default, even its not working on device

Thanks
    hello khemant0411

check out this wiki article for more details.

Regards,

jp4symbian

Hi Gargi,

I am using QNetworkAccessManager for HTTP communication in my application, similar to hemant.
    I have also read your sample code for access point settings: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._Mobility_APIs

But I am still not able to figure out how to club your code with the current setup of HTTP connection code.
    As in, is it required to set the access point once in the application and then on every GET/POST, it will be taken? And how long does the QNetworkSession needs to be open, till the app is open?

Could you please give me some suggestion as to how to go about this, for eg. in ur GET/POST app; how would it be extended for this?
    Thanks in advance.

Hello jp4symbian, the QNetworkSession(QNetworkConfiguration) and QNetworkAccessManager binding is indirect/done at common lower level (POSIX/OpenC).
    QNetworkSession sets the default interface to use in POSIX, and when QNetworkAccessManager asks for networking things from POSIX, they get done with the set configuration.

So as long as the QNetworkSession is open, QNetworkAccessManager requests should flow over the chosen configuration/interface. When QNetworkSession is closed, the configuration setting is cleared and it defaults to whatever is the platform default at that moment.