Discussion Board

Unhappy Nokia 5800XM phone lock issues?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else is expierencing these problems? I searched and could not find anything relating to this.

I use the phone lock feature which requires you to enter a pin number in before being able to use the phone whenever it is locked. This is different from the key lock feature which just requires you to unlock by using the scroll key only. When the phone is phone locked the only things you can do is answer a call and snooze/turn off the alarm. Everything else requires you to enter the pin to unlock. I use this feature for obvious security reasons.

I have found two problems with this:
    - Firstly, the activate loud speaker when answering is unavailable until you unlock the phone which can take a while.
    - Secondly, sometimes the alarm window for snoozing/turning-off does not work. It just hangs and I have to power off the phone.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    TIA
    Last edited by ayrenjagar; 2010-03-23 at 10:11. Reason: Admin, please delete post. I posted a bug via the form.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 5800XM phone lock issues?

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Thumbs up Re: Nokia 5800XM phone lock issues?

Thanks for the advice.

Red face Re: Nokia 5800XM phone lock issues?

I have a movil N5800 Xpress Music, after update the firmware from 31 to 40 all aplications are not working properly, can not dial a phone call and see contacts list from the main screen, pls advise me what to do to solve this situations. Best Regards Acabose

Check that link that symbianyucca posted. There is some stuff there.

I am sorry for trouble but I have similar problem related to the codes ,

I am using Nokia 5800XM and I have used the keypad lock for it , and in the keypad lock in setting there was an option saying keypad lock no;.

I entered a no. which I remembered that time when I did that ;but now I am again using that phone after 3 months .

but everytime when I try to open the phone it asks for security code , what should I do ??

Thanks
    Mickeyy
    Last edited by Mickeyy; 2010-04-26 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyy View Post
    what should I do ??
    Two things:
    - pay attention to the security codes you use on your products and make sure you don't forget them (too late now)
    - pay attention to the answers already given in this thread already (post #2 and #5) and act as advised on them (rather late, but you can still do it)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite