Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Question Problem with Camera in N97mini and PS 2.0

Hi,

has anybody got the "camera" example widget included in Platform Services 2.0 package working on N97mini? On my phone it launches the device camera OK, I can take a picture or two and exit the camera, but then the widget does not show any of the pictures I had taken.

It seems that the "images" array is empty in the "showImages()" callback in "basic.js" that is supposed to get called when a user has taken a picture/leaving camera. According to a comment in "platformservices_20_specific.js" it's implementation (device) dependent when the callback gets invoked. So, just wondering if anybody has gotten this to work on N97 mini, or on some other phone, or if this is a bug.

A-P

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Problem with Camera in N97mini and PS 2.0

If you are using some other language than English,
    please change phone language to English and try again.

Br,
    Ilkka

Nokia Developer Expert

Smile Re: Problem with Camera in N97mini and PS 2.0

Ok, after changing phone language to English, I can now see the latest photo taken with the device camera. But if I take more than one picture, I always see only the latest one in the preview pane of the widget.

I also noticed that I need to set picture quality to 2M (medium) or lower to see the picture in the widget.

Anyway, a step forward

thanks,

A-P