Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question What are the extensions to stream native videos and play device videos in FL 3.0?

Hi,

I would really be obliged if someone replies for the following questions, as I am new to Flash Lite and also video formats and codecs.

1. What are the extensions for the native and device videos in FL 3.0 as referred in the link http://www.hsharma.com/tech/articles...video-volume/?

2. Presently I am only using .flv videos for streaming and would want to know which other video formats (I mean extensions, as I am new to this) can be streamed and which can only be played?

---------------------------------
    myNc = new NetConnection;
    myNc.connect(null);
    myNs = new NetStream(myNc);
    myNs.bufferTime = 5;
    player.attachVideo(myNs);
    myNs.play("myFile.flv");
    ----------------------------------

3. Is a 3gp a native video or a device video?
    4. How can I code to play the device videos, if they cannot be streamed?

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany
    Last edited by supriyaakg; 2010-03-25 at 06:24.

Re: What are the extensions to stream native videos and play device videos in FL 3.0?

Hi,
    I would really be obliged if someone replies for the following questions, as I am new to Flash Lite and also video formats and codecs.

1. What are the extensions for the native and device videos in FL 3.0 as referred in the link http://www.hsharma.com/tech/articles...video-volume/?

>> For 3.0 the extensions for device videos are .3gp/.mp4 for video and .mp3/.aac and for native video its .flv. Device video also supports properitory real video and real audio formats.

2. Presently I am only using .flv videos for streaming and would want to know which other video formats (I mean extensions, as I am new to this) can be streamed and which can only be played?

>> Only .flv can be streamed using progressive download ie urls strating with http (as in ur code below). If you want 3gp, you will have to use rtsp (streaming servers like darwin, wowza etc)

myNc.connect(null);
    myNs.bufferTime = 5;
    myNs.play("myFile.flv");
    ----------------------------------

3. Is a 3gp a native video or a device video?
    >> Device video

4. How can I code to play the device videos, if they cannot be streamed?
    >> use rtsp for streaming if you want to stream over network. Or from a file on phone if there is no need to stream from server.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: What are the extensions to stream native videos and play device videos in FL 3.0?

Hi,

As mentioned in the previous reply (>> use rtsp for streaming if you want to stream over network. Or from a file on phone if there is no need to stream from server), how can a local 3gp file be played in the absence of an rtsp (streaming servers like darwin, wowza etc) and if the file is from the rtsp server (>>If you want 3gp, you will have to use rtsp (streaming servers like darwin, wowza etc), will I be able to play exactly as I play an FLV?

myNc.connect(null);
    myNs.bufferTime = 5;
    myNs.play("http://myFile.flv");

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Re: What are the extensions to stream native videos and play device videos in FL 3.0?

place a video object on the frame and name it as video

then write the script

video.play("myclip.3gp");

make sure the clips is in the same folder as swf .

Ramesh

To answer the second question, 3gp from rtsp server it will play exactly like FLV. However you will notice some performance difference and some artifacts in 3gp in case packet loss occurs (common in wireless). Also you wont be able to overlay anything on the video in case of 3gp over RTSP.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

I have tried using both the cues from your messages. Unfortunately nothing works, not even the local 3gp. Can you please send me something that worked for you?

Regards.
    Last edited by supriyaakg; 2010-03-30 at 12:46.

Is there any way to upload files in this forum? Else give me your mail id, i will mail the project.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,
    My email id is supriyat at akgentertainment dot com.

You can send me the project on this id.

Thanks,
    Supriya Tenany