Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Payment system broken on Ovi

I've received several emails from customers over the past couple of days asking if they can purchase one of my apps on an alternative store.

When they try to purchase the app from Ovi, they receive the following message.

"we are experiencing problems with the payment service".
    I received the first email about this problem last Friday morning. I emailed Support straight away and have emailed them several times since. All emails have been ignored... nothing new there!

Today I've received another three emails enquiring about the problem. There are also posts on the site describing the same problem.

It makes me wonder if the Ovi development team have ever heard of the words "test" or "quality control". Ovi is getting worse not better. It's been an awful frustrating experience since it's launch and it's still awful. I'm not just talking about the site layout, navigation etc. Nothing works - search, most popular indexing. The list of problems is massive. I've moved to Android - but I've still got apps on Ovi that need to be supported, even if I'm making little to no money from them.

Anyway, I'm not going to rant.

Could other developers please tell me if I'm the only one experiencing this problem?

Thanks and sorry about the slight rant.
    Spol

Super Contributor

Re: Payment system broken on Ovi

Hi,
    I havent seen any sales on one of my products for the last days.

So it could very well be an issue...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Hi Spol et al, Thanks for your feedback here. Regarding payouts, I've confirmd with finance here that Publisher Payouts will be appearing in bank accounts now through the weekend. In terms of the issues below, please know we have a release coming out on Monday (Publish will be brought down on Sunday in preparation) that will be delivering a number of fixes and enhancements to both the consumer and publisher experiences. I'll be posting a followup on the changes as soon as the release is finished deploying.

More later - Eric

Quote Originally Posted by spol View Post
    I've received several emails from customers over the past couple of days asking if they can purchase one of my apps on an alternative store.

When they try to purchase the app from Ovi, they receive the following message.

I received the first email about this problem last Friday morning. I emailed Support straight away and have emailed them several times since. All emails have been ignored... nothing new there!

Today I've received another three emails enquiring about the problem. There are also posts on the site describing the same problem.

It makes me wonder if the Ovi development team have ever heard of the words "test" or "quality control". Ovi is getting worse not better. It's been an awful frustrating experience since it's launch and it's still awful. I'm not just talking about the site layout, navigation etc. Nothing works - search, most popular indexing. The list of problems is massive. I've moved to Android - but I've still got apps on Ovi that need to be supported, even if I'm making little to no money from them.

Anyway, I'm not going to rant.

Could other developers please tell me if I'm the only one experiencing this problem?

Thanks and sorry about the slight rant.
    Spol

Thumbs down Re: Payment system broken on Ovi

As a customer, I can't even buy an app on the store, I always get this message. I am very very disappointed with my Ovi store experience.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Though I'm not official Ovi help, I'll give my two cents on the topic, if you have noticed the news, there has been some updated on the Ovi store, thus could be that due the updates there has been some temporal issues on certain regions, anyway, I can see one of my friends account having sales on all days during this week, thus I would assume it has not been completely broken.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Though I'm not official Ovi help, I'll give my two cents on the topic, if you have noticed the news, there has been some updated on the Ovi store, thus could be that due the updates there has been some temporal issues on certain regions, anyway, I can see one of my friends account having sales on all days during this week, thus I would assume it has not been completely broken.
    Hi Symbianyucca,
    The problem is a couple of weeks old. Well, it could be older but it's a few weeks since I first reported it. Therefore I would assume that it's unrelated to the updates. OviAndrew said he was investigating it but I have heard nothing back since.

Yes, it's not completely broken. I still have sales but how many customers are experiencing the problem? We just don't know.

Considering the fact Razvanpetru actually joined this forum to post his remarks yesterday shows a very high level of fustration.

"we are experiencing problems with the payment service".

Problem still isn't solved.... As i see this issue isn't still fixed and is over a week at least as i can see it. For portuguese users using credit card at least is not possible to buy any app. First problem is that the payment form forces user to fill out state and a 5 digit zip code. Portugal does not have states and postal codes are 7 digits long. Even if you fill it out with random "valid" data ovi returns the error already described above.

It is very difficult to understand how this problem is taking so long to be solved.... it is the most important feature of any store to have a working payment system...and ovi seems to simply don't care about it... how can this be??

Still waiting for support answear....
    Last edited by paulo.ferreira; 2010-04-06 at 09:56.

I bought something this weekend in Czech republic region with credit card. I don't have any problem.

As a customer, I confirm the problem exists as I am writing this post.

USA, T-Mobile, Nokia 5230

I am also getting this error on n97 v22 please nokia do something right.