Discussion Board

Question [moved] Why CBA event interrupt playback?

Hi,

I just achieve a playback function on S60 5th, but when I press the "Option" from CBA, the audio playback is stopped. It seems that problem is not reproduced on S60 3rd.

Anyone who can tell me the reason? Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Why CBA event interrupt playback?

Which API do you use?

Question Re: Why CBA event interrupt playback?

Quote Originally Posted by zs View Post
    Hi,

I just achieve a playback function on S60 5th, but when I press the "Option" from CBA, the audio playback is stopped. It seems that problem is not reproduced on S60 3rd.

Anyone who can tell me the reason? Thanks!
    I have found what is the problem. When we use the S60 5th Emulator, the mouse-click happens with a bee tone. The bee tone interrupts the playback! The this problem can not happen when use hardkey!
    But who can tell me how to disable the key tone in Emulator? I have tried to disable it from phone setting, but it dose not help.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Which API do you use?
    My player model is inherited from "MMdaAudioPlayerCallback". I think the problem is obviously caused by the bee tone happens with the mouse click. If I press softkey "Option" via touch screen using mouse, the playback stop, but if I press "Option" via hardkey, there is no problem since the hardkey dose not cause the bee tone. It seems that the bee tone grabs the audio resource. But I have not tried it on a real device.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zs View Post
    My player model is inherited from "MMdaAudioPlayerCallback". I think the problem is obviously caused by the bee tone happens with the mouse click. If I press softkey "Option" via touch screen using mouse, the playback stop, but if I press "Option" via hardkey, there is no problem since the hardkey dose not cause the bee tone. It seems that the bee tone grabs the audio resource. But I have not tried it on a real device.

Thanks!
    I have worked out the problem. I add "iModel->GetPlayer()->SetPriority(EMdaPriorityMax ,EMdaPriorityPreferenceQuality);" to my code.

Nokia Developer Moderator

That is fine then. Note that you were actually given a notification about interruption via MMdaAudioPlayerCallback::MapcPlayComplete, where you could have tried to continue/re-start playback.

A minor suggestion: since it has accidentally 'turned out' that you are using Symbian C++, consider posting your future threads in the appropriate Symbian C++ boards. If you click back to "You Are Here: Home > Community > Discussion Boards" on the top of this page, you will find them.
    Do not worry about your existing threads, moderators are able to move them.