Discussion Board

Unhappy Help Please : Obfuscation failed with error code 1

Hi members,

I tried to implement the "Secure SMS Messaging" concept. I had used the code given in the "A Brief Introduction to Secure SMS Messaging in MIDP" file. Included the jar files which is downloaded from bouncy castle. For obfuscating the bouncy castle, i also added the 6 lines given in the file and set the obfuscation level as high. While building it with netbeans 6.8, i obtain the following error :

Building jar: C:\Users\hp\Desktop\Project\J2ME\EncryptedSMS\build\before-obfuscation.jar
    ProGuard, version 4.4
    Reading program jar [C:\Users\hp\Desktop\Project\J2ME\EncryptedSMS\build\before-obfuscation.jar]
    Reading program jar [C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\Temp\EncryptedSMS.jar]

Error: Can't read [proguard.ClassPathEntry@e2eec8] (No such file or directory)
    C:\Users\hp\Desktop\Project\J2ME\EncryptedSMS\nbproject\build-impl.xml:427: Obfuscation failed with error code 1.

What is the problem with my implementation? whether i had done anything wrong?
    Whether i have to set the classpath for proguard explicitly ? if yes how to do that? Can any one please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks you.
    Last edited by 07mca035; 2010-03-30 at 11:25. Reason: to explain clearly

Regular Contributor

Re: Help Please : Obfuscation failed with error code 1

Quote Originally Posted by 07mca035 View Post
    Hi members,

I tried to implement the "Secure SMS Messaging" concept. I had used the code given in the "A Brief Introduction to Secure SMS Messaging in MIDP" file. Included the jar files which is downloaded from bouncy castle. For obfuscating the bouncy castle, i also added the 6 lines given in the file and set the obfuscation level as high. While building it with netbeans 6.8, i obtain the following error :

Building jar: C:\Users\hp\Desktop\Project\J2ME\EncryptedSMS\build\before-obfuscation.jar
    ProGuard, version 4.4
    Reading program jar [C:\Users\hp\Desktop\Project\J2ME\EncryptedSMS\build\before-obfuscation.jar]
    Reading program jar [C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\Temp\EncryptedSMS.jar]

Error: Can't read [proguard.ClassPathEntry@e2eec8] (No such file or directory)
    C:\Users\hp\Desktop\Project\J2ME\EncryptedSMS\nbproject\build-impl.xml:427: Obfuscation failed with error code 1.

What is the problem with my implementation? whether i had done anything wrong?
    Whether i have to set the classpath for proguard explicitly ? if yes how to do that? Can any one please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks you.
    Have you tried compiling with other or older versions of Proguard? You may find the following link helpful:
    http://netbeans.dzone.com/tips/obfus...eans-java-appl

Re: Help Please : Obfuscation failed with error code 1

trying create a new Netbeans project and copy your source code to this project and compile again.
    Last edited by edprado; 2010-04-05 at 15:07.