Discussion Board

Developing a music player

Is it possible to develop a generic music player application that only wraps the functions of an existing music player on a phone (by invoking only the APIs)? This new music player will only provider user interface for all playback controls.
    If I consider Nokia phones alone, do I have to write different such music player applications for different Nokia models or would it work for most models?

Shyam

Smile Re: Developing a music player

Quote Originally Posted by a_shyam41 View Post
    Is it possible to develop a generic music player application that only wraps the functions of an existing music player on a phone (by invoking only the APIs)? This new music player will only provider user interface for all playback controls.
    If I consider Nokia phones alone, do I have to write different such music player applications for different Nokia models or would it work for most models?

Shyam
    Hi,

As you say the application is a generic one dealing only with the APIs then it must work on the devices provided only when the wrapper is changed. That means for symbian devices the wrapper must call symbian APIs and so on.
    Regards,
    Pritam.

Re: Developing a music player

Will the APIs be different for S40, S60 etc? How many such different versions (for different platforms) do I have develop if I consider Nokia phones alone?

Shyam

Re: Developing a music player

Hi,

For all Symbian devices you can develop one application based on Qt and which uses standard Symbian APIs like the CMdaAudioPlayerUtility. For S60, S40 and Maemo u have to build different applications. However, u can reuse the Ui (if developed using Qt) on Maemo and Symbian (S60).

Regards,
    Sandeep