×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24

    Stacked window animations

    Hi,

    Ive seen examples for widget animations using a QStackedWidget class.

    Is there a way to animate stacked windows ( Qt::WA_Maemo5StackedWindow) in Maemo.
    Something like

    * making the stacked window fade in/out slowly on close exposing the parent window.
    Or
    * animating the close of the widgets on the stackedwindow and then closing the stacked window.

    Any pointers in this direction please ?

    thanks for taking time.

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: Stacked window animations

    Quote Originally Posted by rkurvakat View Post
    * making the stacked window fade in/out slowly on close exposing the parent window.
    No, Hildon Desktop doesn't support these types of animations.

    Quote Originally Posted by rkurvakat View Post
    * animating the close of the widgets on the stackedwindow and then closing the stacked window.
    You can do with widgets inside the window pretty much everything using OpenGL ES 2.0.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24

    Re: Stacked window animations

    thanks for the quick response Daniil.

    Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    No, Hildon Desktop doesn't support these types of animations.
    a quick answer to explain briefly how/why its disable ?


    Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    You can do with widgets inside the window pretty much everything using OpenGL ES 2.0.
    Ive looked around all day, but could you direct me to a simple example to animate a widget using OpenGL ES.
    I've just begun my journey with graphics programming so Im expecting a basic example and I can build on that.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: Stacked window animations

    Quote Originally Posted by rkurvakat View Post
    a quick answer to explain briefly how/why its disable ?
    Not supported is not the same as disabled.

    Quote Originally Posted by rkurvakat View Post
    Ive looked around all day, but could you direct me to a simple example to animate a widget using OpenGL ES.
    I've just begun my journey with graphics programming so Im expecting a basic example and I can build on that.
    There are some OpenGL examples in Qt distribution
    http://qt.gitorious.org/+qt-develope...xamples/opengl

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24

    Re: Stacked window animations

    Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    Not supported is not the same as disabled.
    sorry to persist, Im just trying to understand any specific reason why its not available in maemo.
    Is it due to some limitation of the windowmanager (matchbox ) or something related to QT(maemo) ?

    I did notice , with the case of stacked windows implemented in QT(maemo), when the stacked window is closed there is a sliding animation to close the stacked window. is that something dnoe by QT or the window manager ?

    thanks.

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: Stacked window animations

    Quote Originally Posted by rkurvakat View Post
    sorry to persist, Im just trying to understand any specific reason why its not available in maemo.
    Since it's not possible and useful to implement all imaginable animations in the single software piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by rkurvakat View Post
    I did notice , with the case of stacked windows implemented in QT(maemo), when the stacked window is closed there is a sliding animation to close the stacked window. is that something dnoe by QT or the window manager?
    Window manager is responsible for that. It's easy to verify as the animation is the same for Gtk2, Qt and any other applications.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-01-11, 14:19
  2. Need help on window server session
    By gigglie in forum Symbian
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-05-03, 09:57
  3. Problem Creating Window Using RWindow and putting More controls on it
    By er_gps212 in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2005-10-28, 06:22
  4. About window views
    By thodime_guru in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-06-17, 18:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •