Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Server not being invoked directly. Only a particular file being invoked

Posted by DAMUS NOSTRA, snodx@hotmail.com
    on April 29, 2002 at 14:34

Greetings everybody,

I have Nokia WAP Toolkit installed on a Windows NT machine. Recently I installed Apache 1.3.19 on a Linux-Mandrake machine. I started the web-server and then I opened the BluePrint emulator and typed the server address. The server has been configured to open a WAP content generating XML file on invokation- index.xml.

I got loadNewContent: (server address) Can't connect to the web server.

Next when I typed <server address>/index.xml BluePrint successfully showed me the WML page.

This problem of a particular file being opened and the server not being invoked directly is occurring only with Nokia WAP Toolkit. If I type the server address only in UPSDK, or the Ericsson R380 emulator then the emulators successfully display index.xml

In the apache configuration file I have added the following types using the AddType directive (Also the extensions which contain the content of the respective content-type are given to the side):

text/vnd.wap.wml .wml
    text/vnd.wap.wmlscript .wmls
    image/vnd.wap.wbmp .wbmp
    application/vnd.wap.wmlc .wmlc
    application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc .wmlsc
    text/plain .asc .txt

I checked the Apache server logs: in the access log there was a line indicating that a Get request was performed by the Windows machine to the Apache server.

In the error logs I got: Invalid URI in request Get HTTP/1.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long-winded story here.

Thanks in advance.
    SNODX

Regular Contributor

RE: Server not being invoked directly. Only a particular file being invoked

Hi,
    Not a solution that I have tried practically because you have a different environment but from what I can understand the mime type required for the toolkit to understand XHTML is text/xhtml.
    So probably by adding that you would be all set. I bet Openwave also has application/xhtml.wml or some sort of a mime type for XHTML. Are you sure you did not include this when you tested on other emulators?

Hopefully this will help you.

Sudnyesh.