×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    305

    End date for published content.

    End date for published content. Required for signed content.
    How can I get this information from my sis file?

    I know that certificate has same time validity.
    But where can I get it??

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: End date for published content.

    basically you could check the validity of the signing certificate on the sis file. Usually symbian signed files are valid 10 years from the signing dat, though you can always check it with signsis.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    305

    Re: End date for published content.

    Ok I found it in the publisher guide but I don’t understand why ovi store can't get this information from sis files by itself.

    Better way
    it should by automated
    signsis -op

    Sorry but this is really stupid bureaucracy.

    ovi staff ????/??
    is it in road plan?

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: End date for published content.

    I'm sure they will check this dibo for feedback as well, anyway, gotta say once again that I'm not official Ovi support in any way, just hanging around here and answering the questions based on my current knowledge..

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7

    Re: End date for published content.

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    I'm sure they will check this dibo for feedback as well, anyway, gotta say once again that I'm not official Ovi support in any way, just hanging around here and answering the questions based on my current knowledge..
    Yes I know
    But its look like ovi staff has holyday.

    I found even better way how to solve this problem
    ovi can sing our applications with ovi certificate for ovi store purpose.
    I don't understand signing procedure for ovi store for java and symbian staff
    As we can read from publishing document ovi testing our applications than why we should test same application 2 times(and pay 2 times).

    ovi managers wake up!!!!
    I know you have full pockets of money.
    Why don't have even more.
    Let's inspire from Apple managers.
    Last edited by seznam.cz; 2010-04-02 at 11:43.

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    60

    Re: End date for published content.

    Quote Originally Posted by xlazom00 View Post
    Ok I found it in the publisher guide but I don’t understand why ovi store can't get this information from sis files by itself.

    Better way
    it should by automated
    signsis -op

    Sorry but this is really stupid bureaucracy.

    ovi staff ????/??
    is it in road plan?
    Dear xlazom00,

    Thank you for your feedback.

    The reason publishers have the flexibility in adding start and end dates, is because publishers sometimes would like to match the content's availability with their marketing campaigns and other activities.

    If you don't need to specify the end date, you can just set it at the day your certificate expires.

    Please contact us if you have any questions.

    Regards,
    Publisher Support Team
    publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    305

    Re: End date for published content.

    Quote Originally Posted by OviPen View Post
    Dear xlazom00,

    Thank you for your feedback.

    The reason publishers have the flexibility in adding start and end dates, is because publishers sometimes would like to match the content's availability with their marketing campaigns and other activities.

    If you don't need to specify the end date, you can just set it at the day your certificate expires.

    Please contact us if you have any questions.

    Regards,
    Publisher Support Team
    publishtoovi.support@nokia.com
    Good point bbbbbbut
    If I forget fill this End date for published content My description dont pass QA(after 3 days). I think it is better to set it automaticly if i dont fill it.

Similar Threads

  1. Adding sound to Key press
    By vivek.jain in forum Symbian
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 2010-04-17, 08:45
  2. Playing video on N95 using J2me
    By Ehudm in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2010-01-03, 07:06
  3. Audio Input Stream on N80
    By tkaihock in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2006-06-30, 09:15
  4. SIP content type
    By hlothman in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2006-05-17, 09:26
  5. Wrong End Date in MS-Outlook transmissions
    By skohl in forum PC Suite API and PC Connectivity SDK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2002-06-18, 07:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×