Discussion Board

Timeframe when submitting apps

Hi,
    I submitted my app 20 days ago. 13 days ago I made an update because some meta data was erroneous/missing and submitted again. The app successfully passed QA 8 days ago for 60 % of the devices. Still, it is not published. How long am I supposed to wait - and for what? What's the next step?
    Ovi support doesn't answer opon inquiries.
    Thanks!

Re: Timeframe when submitting apps

Quote Originally Posted by klemensz View Post
    Hi,
    I submitted my app 20 days ago. 13 days ago I made an update because some meta data was erroneous/missing and submitted again. The app successfully passed QA 8 days ago for 60 % of the devices. Still, it is not published. How long am I supposed to wait - and for what? What's the next step?
    Ovi support doesn't answer opon inquiries.
    Thanks!
    I have a same problem.
    They should change text on publishing web site from 5-6 business day to 5-6 business weeks
    And If you look at ovi store how many apps are new, You will see 10 every day
    Ovi store has really fast QA service!

Super Contributor

I have to defend Nokia here - for me, it has always been less than one week. But the initial push-out takes some time; after the QA has passed especially for a new app.

The thing is: if a part is not passed, this usually is no issue. At least - some of my apps are held up by some obscure QA platforms, but sell. Are you sure that you didn't check a prototype or a weird platform by mistake?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Thanks for the answers!
    Just out of curiousity I clicked on "edit file" some days ago, after the file had already passed QA. Now it is in status "Editing (QA halted)" ("This content item is in editing mode. Submit changes to QA to initiate the QA review process.") But I don't want to edit it and I don't want to submit changes to QA because I did not make any changes. What will happen if I click on "Submit changes to QA" and what will happen if I don't?

once u've unlocked the content the QA process has stopped and it wont continue untill you re-lock the content
    it doesnt matter if you have made or didnt made changes it will go through QA again

My first app pass QA after 6 business days and after 3 hours it was in ovi store
    good job ovi staff

Update: I got another mail three days ago that "Media passed quality assurance" again. The file itself passed QA with two notes 15 days, ago. Still the QA status for this file is "In progress". Nearly one month after the inital submission this starts feeling like a really bad joke.
    I'd probably be better off putting my energy into other mobile platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by klemensz View Post
    Update: I got another mail three days ago that "Media passed quality assurance" again. The file itself passed QA with two notes 15 days, ago. Still the QA status for this file is "In progress". Nearly one month after the inital submission this starts feeling like a really bad joke.
    I'd probably be better off putting my energy into other mobile platforms.
    You are not loosing anything
    From my experience people not buying content on the ovi store.
    I sold 14 pieces of my game and its really good selling game on apple store

OK guys, thank you for your support. After sending another mail to the support suddenly it was published within one day. The whole process took 28 days.

We submitted more than 20 days ago. We got an email a few days after the submission for the metadata (passed). Then, nothing. We are at 15 business days. Still waiting.

I sent a couple of messages to the support, but didn't receive any feedback. I'll keep you updated

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Koinup View Post
    We submitted more than 20 days ago. We got an email a few days after the submission for the metadata (passed). Then, nothing. We are at 15 business days. Still waiting.

I sent a couple of messages to the support, but didn't receive any feedback. I'll keep you updated
    Hi Koinup,

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's not usual that Publisher Support does not reply to publisher emails.
    Please contact us at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com, with the content name and link.
    We will look into it.

Regards,
    Publisher Support Team