Discussion Board

KERN EXEC 3 PANIC

Hi all,
    I am developing a UI Application. I get KERN EXEC 3 Panic after the AppUi calls Exit() method. Why am i getting that panic and how do i find the cause of that panic. Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: KERN EXEC 3 PANIC

Quote Originally Posted by s.baalajee View Post
    Hi all,
    I am developing a UI Application. I get KERN EXEC 3 Panic after the AppUi calls Exit() method. Why am i getting that panic and how do i find the cause of that panic. Thanks.
    Debug your application put break points in the destructor. May be you are trying to delete the objects which are not created or already deleted.

regards,
    manjusg

Thanks for the reply. But the problem is that the destructors of the AppUi and the View are never called after Exit() is called. I think the panic is raised as soon as the Exit() is called. Any other way to find the cause of the Panic.

I get KERN EXEC 3 Panic after the AppUi calls Exit() method. Why am i getting that panic and how do i find the cause of that panic.

Exit() calls Appui's Destructor. put the break point over there and start debugging.
    Regards,
    Gobi

Hi,
    I have two Views in my application. Since the Views are CAknView derived I dont call the View's destructors from AppUi. So my AppUi destructor is empty. I have instance variables (like a pointer to CArrayFixFlat) in the two View's which are dynamically allocated. I delete those instance variables in the View's destructors as follows:

Code:
    if(iVariable != NULL)
     {
      delete iVariable;
      iVariable = NULL;
     }
    My application needs to be switched from one view to the other when the user clicks appropriate menu. So i have deleted the instance variables in the DoDeactivate() method of the View's using the above code.

I have set break points in the open set brackets of the AppUi's and the two View's destructor. When debugging I found that the panic is raised after the call to Exit() in AppUi and before any of the destructor is called. I Stepped into Exit() and found that the panic is raised when executing avkon.dll. I cant find any place where i accessing a NULL pointer by mistake (I can say this because i ensure that the pointer is not NULL before calling delete on it both in the View's DoDeactivate() and the Destructors). Thanks.
    Last edited by s.baalajee; 2010-04-08 at 11:03.

Hi,
    Does any one know why i get the Panic after Exit() is called??