Discussion Board

Red face LCD swictches off

When i run my midlet (game) and don't press any keys the LCD back light switches off. How do i prevent this from happening?

Regular Contributor

Re: LCD swictches off

Quote Originally Posted by yrdawson View Post
    When i run my midlet (game) and don't press any keys the LCD back light switches off. How do i prevent this from happening?
    setLights method of DeviceControl class may help you. Please go thorough the API docs for more details.
    Nokia UI API 1.1 Java Doc

Nokia Developer Champion

Use com.nokia.mid.ui.DeviceControl.setLight(0,100);

setLights
    public static void setLights(int num,
    int level)Activates and deactivates the lights on the device. Parameter num indicates the number of the device light to control. Currently only one num parameter value is specified: num value 0 is used for controlling the screen backlight. Parameter level is a value between 0-100, which indicates the brightness of the light. In many implementations, there are only two levels: on or off. Value 0 indicates lights off for monochrome displays or the minimum brightness setting for color displays. All other level values (1-100) are used for turning the lights on, possibly with different brightness levels, depending on the value. A larger value always results in either the same brightness setting as a lower one, or a brighter setting. For many products, values 1-100 will just turn the lights on.
    Note: Since in some devices key presses may turn on some device lights, the light settings may be changed also by the system.

Parameters:
    num - is the number or id for light, 0 is used for display backlight, other numbers are currently left unspecified.
    level - the lighting level 0-100. 0 means "off" or some other minimum lighting setting. For many devices, a value greater than 0 means "light on".
    Throws:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - if light num is not supported or level is not between 0-100.
    Since:

thanks,
    ~Amitabh

Super Contributor

suggestion is already given by im2amit. can follow him..
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..