Discussion Board

How to capture more images per second....??

sir,
    i am vinay,i am working on nokia 7610 mobile which can capture 15 frames per second..
    but whereas in my application it is able to capture only 1 image per 1 second...i am taking
    bmp 160*120 image resolution
    , even i have changed that 160*120 to 100*100 but not working..

sir please tell me how can i capture more than 2 or 3 images for 1 second....is there any code for that please help me out of this sir....

If this is done everything of my project is done.....it is really urgent sir please...

thanking you,
    vinay

Super Contributor

Re: How to capture more images per second....??

Quote Originally Posted by srinivasreddy501 View Post
    sir,
    i am vinay,i am working on nokia 7610 mobile which can capture 15 frames per second..
    but whereas in my application it is able to capture only 1 image per 1 second...i am taking
    bmp 160*120 image resolution
    , even i have changed that 160*120 to 100*100 but not working..

sir please tell me how can i capture more than 2 or 3 images for 1 second....is there any code for that please help me out of this sir....

If this is done everything of my project is done.....it is really urgent sir please...

thanking you,
    vinay
    I think through programming its not possible. 15FPS is the speed of cam through native API not MMAPI.
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..

Regular Contributor

The camera may need to be set on Burst mode. Is there any API supported to set this mode? Please check. Using normal mode you cannot snap more than a photo per sec.

Nokia Developer Champion

Use

javax.microedition.amms.control.camera
    Interface SnapshotControl
    All Superinterfaces:
    javax.microedition.media.Control

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public interface SnapshotControl extends javax.microedition.media.ControlSnapshotControl

controls burst shooting with the camera. With this Control, it is possible to shoot multiple pictures with one method call in an efficient way.

SnapshotControl stores the captured pictures in the file system. Initially, before any setDirectory method calls the storage directory is pointing to the default image store location of the implementing platform. That directory can be queried by getDirectory before setting a new directory.

Images will be stored in the files system only if the application has rights to create files to the given directory. Rights are checked when the setDirectory method is called but it is possible that the rights are changed after that. In that case, a STORAGE_ERROR event will be posted if the application has no file creation rights when an attempt is made to store the captured image in the file system.

The structure of the generated file name is <prefix><auto generated string><suffix>

where

prefix is a user given prefix String.
    auto generated string is a String generated automatically by the implementation. The generated String is a zero padded four digit running number starting from 0. Therefore, the sequence of generated Strings is "0000", "0001", "0002" etc. The length of the String increases if more digits are needed to represent the number so "9999" will be followed by "10000".
    suffix is a user given suffix String. Wanted file extension, like ".jpg", is part of the suffix.

File name generation runs through the lifetime of the Player. In other words, it is not necessary to set the prefix before each call of the start method. Notice that it is likely that the naming method defined here differs from the naming system of the native imaging applications of the device.

If the directory, where the files are stored, contains a file with the same name as the generated image file, the generated image file will not be written anywhere. A STORAGE_ERROR message with a the name of the file, whose writing failed, will be sent and capturing of the images will stop.

Changing directory, prefix and suffix are effective when start is called. On-going burst shooting is not affected.
    Format of the stored pictures is set by ImageFormatControl. The default format is JPEG if it's supported

thanks,
    ~Amitabh

It will work if your traget device support:JSR 234 Advanced Multimedia Supplements 1.1 (camera)[1]