Discussion Board

Couldnt install sis in N97 Emulator "'Python Runtime' is missing" and "access..."

Hi!

I have installed the N97 SDK and PyS60 in a Windows box, then installed Python S60 3rd Edition FP2 and S60 Open C/C++ plugin, in order to package a simple Hello World script to test the N97 Emulator.

But, while trying to install via Settings / Application mgr. / Installation Files / hello_v_1_0_0.sis, I get the following message:

"Component 'Python runtime' is missing. Continue anyway?"

As I hit OK, choose the location, and read the Access message, I end getting the message:

"Requested application access not granted"

What am I missing?

I've searched for previous answers, but didn't find something so specific - that's why I think it must be something simple to solve...

Some details one may find useful:

Python versions previously installed:

Packages installed:

Nokia_N97_SDK_v1_0_en.zip
    PythonForS60_2.0.0_Setup.exe
    Python_2[1].0.0_SDK_3rdEdFP2.zip
    s60_open_c_cpp_plug_in_v1_6_en.zip

Thanks!
    Last edited by fpadoan; 2010-04-09 at 17:41.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Couldnt install sis in N97 Emulator "'Python Runtime' is missing" and "access..."

hello fpadoan

Make sure you have python runtime installed in your device, for a proper working of python apps you need a runtime in you device.

Apart from that the error
    "Requested application access not granted"
    is related to permissions like you are trying to install a unsigned sis, check that too.

Hope this helps you out

Re: Couldnt install sis in N97 Emulator "'Python Runtime' is missing" and "access..."

Hi

I am also facing the same problem. I am able to run my scripts in shellscript but not possible to run a sis file. I am using application packager to make the sis file. Its giving the same error in the emulator.

I tried to install pips and runtime.Pips got installed but while installing Runtime its throwing the following error:

"Certificate error.Contact the application supplier"

I have installed the following:

-pyhon 2.5.4
    -unzipped "S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en.zip" and installed it
    -unzipped "Python_2.0.0_SDK_3rdEdFP2" over the %th edition sdk
    -PythonForS60_2.0.0_Setup.exe
    -s60_open_c_cpp_plug_in_v1_6_en.zip

Why I am not able to install runtime? My sis files are working fine in the E63 device which has pips and runtime installed in it.

How to compile a sis file for emulator?

Expecting a reply ASAP.

Regards
    Simil

Super Contributor

You can't install .sis/.sisx packages that contain executables intended for phones (ARM processors & instruction set) on the emulator (Windows and Intel/AMD processors & instruction set).

The emulator will only run binaries/executables compiled for the emulator.

Thanks for your reply petrib.

Can anyone explain how to compile a .sis for emulator?....I am using application packager.Is there any option in that to compile for emulator?

Regards
    Simil

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Simil Susan View Post
    Thanks for your reply petrib.

Can anyone explain how to compile a .sis for emulator?....I am using application packager.Is there any option in that to compile for emulator?

Regards
    Simil
    Hi,

.sis file are meant for the phone and hence you can not use them in to your emulator.
    Jajal Mehul

Hey I do not think so...I was able to install pips.sis. If sis wont work with emulator how is that possible?