Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Question Intaller problem at 5530

Hello again guys,

after get the results from OVI Store QA team

"Passed QA, but please note the following: SUMMARY: The application cannot be launched for Nokia 5530 XpressMusic. STEPS TO REPRODUCE: 1. Download and install the content. 2. Launch the application. 3. Check the game display on the screen. ACTUAL RESULT: When launching the application, there is only a white screen displayed. The application cannot be continue to launch. EXPECTED RESULT: The application launches successfully within a reasonable time period. AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, Firmware V.10.0.050."

So, I bought a Nokia 5530 with the same Firmware version and did some tests, here my results:

- Just throwing the swf files at others folder works fine. (They are all published at FL 3.0 version by the way)
    - I installed the game on my phone and the result is a little different, there is no "white screen" like QA tests, the app is lauched and closed very quickly.

I'm using the stub method to package the app to the .sis.

Do you guys have any idea how to solve this issue?

Best regards,
    Atila Correia
    SCJP, SCWCD, SCJA and MCP C#
    Game Developer and 3D Modeller
    www.atilacorreia.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/atilacorreia

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Intaller problem at 5530

Ciao,

don't use the stub installer app but create your own launcher or use the Helisso tool.
    There is an article on the Wiki for the launcher.

Alessandro

Regular Contributor

Ciao Biskero,

Helliso package doesn't work for my app, I don't know the reason, but I can try again.

In the past I tried other methods to package, like laucher and embed, but there are a few complications, like app does not show the icon in the task list of device, etc. That's because I choose Stub method.

I'm suspecting of some export configuration at Carbide can be done to solve that.

Thanks for the help

Best regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Intaller problem at 5530

Hi there!
    Just a quick question. Is this issue arises when u install the stub sis to your memory card or same is the case, no matter where ever u install the sis?

BTW, i think using embed swf technique is the one of the best alternative and the tasklist icon is the same as ur application icon in embed swf technique.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Hello again Saji,

About your quick question, when I install at the phone, the behavior is equal to QA test, a white screen is displayed. When I install at memory card, the app lauch and close quickly.

We know that embed version has the disadvantage of use absolute paths i.e loadMovie("e:\\others\\myotherswf.swf") instead of relative paths i.e loadMovie("myotherswf.swf"). It leads my app to make a workaround with IO solution ( changing some symbian criteria of my app, ) to know what is the drive of installation.

I'm afraid to implement this solution and bring others issues to live,

kind regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Regular Contributor

Hello guys,

Here some results from Helisso package:

At Nokia 5530, it installs fine, shows the load/splash screen with my company logo and the question to play or not sounds, when I choose something, an out of memory occurs. It's weird, because my game consume only 15% of memory at menu and 30% at game play.

So, I decide to install this version at my Nokia 5800, then the result was the same that I had few months ago, the splash screen animated (my company logo spinning) and the touch buttons disabled.
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Regular Contributor

Re: Installer problem at 5530

Hello guys,

I did more tests, here is the results:

I created a single swf app and packaged with stub method into a sisx and it works fine on 5530.
    Then, I created a swf that calls another one by loadMovie and it doesn't work.

is this a security sandbox problem?

regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

try to add allowdomain and load the crossdomain.xml file before loading other data.
    Alessandro

Regular Contributor

Ciao Biskero,

I think that I wasn't clear enough. I'm not loading a swf from other domain. I'm loading a swf inside the package.

Example: main.swf calls mainMenu.swf and mainMenu calls stage1 and so on. Everything is package together in the sis file.

king regards
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Your application loads local and remote files?
    Are you publishing for local access or network access?
    Wich is the installation folder of the application? (others, trusted, private...)
    --------------------------------------------
    http://www.q-interactiva.com
    http://www.infocket.com
    Spanish Mobile & Devices Adobe User Group Manager
    http://www.blocketpc.com

Regular Contributor

Hello QMan,

My application load only local files (others swfs) and was published for local access. The installation folder is private (e.g !:\private\E0383A8B\MySWF.swf).

Just to clarifying the all history, I have published my game for all S60 5th edition devices. The QA tests of Ovi told me that it doesn't work on 5530 Firmware V.10.0.050. So, I bought 5530 device with the same firmware version to make some tests.

I did A LOT of tests,like
    - I put the swf files into the 'others' folder and it WORKS fine. It makes me think that the installer is the problem.
    - I tried to configure the config.iReserved2 and increase the memory at mmp file. No success.
    - I did a single app with only one swf and package that with stub method and it works. After that I tried one swf with a single loadMovie to another local file and it doesn't work. I add some capabilities (NetworkServices ,ReadUserData and WriteUserData) and a strange error message appears "\private\E0383A8B\other.swff*¹²³£³¢ not found"

So, I have tried others package methods, like Helisso and online package.

With online package the result is
    - Sometimes it spend a lot of time and gives me an error at the page.
    - When the page works, it gives me a sis with only my main swf packaged (even when I putting the other local swf files and sounds resourses at the zip)

With Helisso the result is
    - with my game, after install, I lauch it and my main movie load the 'splash screen' to enable or disable sounds (so, the loadMovie WORKS), but after choose any option an out of memory appears. This same test at my 5800 froze the screen at 'splash screen'.

- I did other test with Helisso, I packaged a main.swf that load another local swf and this works fine.

So after all this tests, I don't know what to do. I really need some help guys.

Kind regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Intaller problem at 5530

- with my game, after install, I lauch it and my main movie load the 'splash screen' to enable or disable sounds (so, the loadMovie WORKS), but after choose any option an out of memory appears. This same test at my 5800 froze the screen at 'splash screen'.

- I did other test with Helisso, I packaged a main.swf that load another local swf and this works fine.
    Thats very much confusing. I read somewhere that FL 3.0 has some memory issues with stub, can u give a go to the same stub under Flash Lite 3.1 & dont forget to increase the iReserved2 variable. It may help us to understand where the exact problem is .

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Hello Saji,

Your quote was under the Helisso package tests (I don't know if Helisso uses Stub method and how much memory it reserves to application).

About your tip, I published all files again in flash lite 3.1 and the iReserved2 is 32768. My app need no capabilities, but if I don't put "NetworkServices ReadUserData WriteUserData" I can't see the error message like
    "private/E0383A8B/splashscreen.swf£¢£5¬¢¬¢¢¬¢¢" (yes, it shows special characters in the end of file's path).

kind regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Regular Contributor

I really need some help here.

Best regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com

Regular Contributor

Ok guys, I just get back to laucher method and it works fine at any device. There is just a little problem about the icon at Task List (it shows flash player icon instead my app).

So, anyone knows how to put the icon at task list in carbide C++?

Best regards,
    Atila Correia
    www.atilacorreia.com