Discussion Board

Post downloading video

hi
    i have the following link below:

http://www.youtube.com/get_video?vid...ancI%3D&fmt=18

when i paste this link in my browser....it tell to download the video in mp4 format..

but instead of this i tried to play the url..in Phonon::VideoPlayer..but not played anything...

any idea how to perform this ??

if the previous one is not possible then let me know that how to download that specific video from link..??

Note:This link will work for a short time as this link get refreshed after sometime...
    Last edited by mind_freak; 2010-04-13 at 08:40.
    Regards
    Viral Parmar

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: downloading video

According to treinio Symbian doesn't support playing from the internet resources. Did you try to save file to a temporary location with QNetworkAccessManager and then play the video from the local file?
    Last edited by divanov; 2010-04-13 at 09:41.

Post Re: downloading video

ya the same i am trying to do ...but i dont the the method to get the mp4 file to my local disk ??
    i have used QFile to perform this operation but unable to go further ...not getting any clue.

thats why in my previous post i have written that "if the previous(playing video) one is not possible then let me know that how to download that specific video from link..??"
    Regards
    Viral Parmar

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: downloading video

Quote Originally Posted by mind_freak View Post
    ya the same i am trying to do ...but i dont the the method to get the mp4 file to my local disk ??
    i have used QFile to perform this operation but unable to go further ...not getting any clue.

thats why in my previous post i have written that "if the previous(playing video) one is not possible then let me know that how to download that specific video from link..??"
    I didn't say it's not possible for sure, taking into account you didn't name your platform and this is Qt General forum.
    You can find example of using QNetworkAccessManager from this post
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...01&postcount=4
    or from FN wiki or from Qt examples.

Smile Re: downloading video

thanks a lot..
    Regards
    Viral Parmar