Discussion Board

how to make transparent graphics

Hi... how can i make a graphics background transparent? Kind of like.. when i create an image of a circle... there should not be a white square background behind it. If the image is placed over another image... just the square should be visible not with the square border... can help anyone? thanx!

Regular Contributor

Solve the problem

I think you can try this method when we remmber java at j2se the color can be created with this techniq. At here I would give you the example
    new Color(R,G,B) -> its the standrat technique at java to created the new color so if you can make its more transperance you can change that source like this
    new Color(R, G, B, T)
    For remember you about how its color can make its combination of RGB (Red Green Blue) so at here you can make new technique with new optional T its like Tranparent(opicity of color can be look).
    I hope this script can help your problem.

I noticed i just used the normal way of drawing .. g.drawImage, without intervention of the nokia SDK, but create a PNG file with a transparency layer and it works on the S60 SDK. I wonder if it works on the real phone? Cos if i change emulator to default sun emulator, there is no transparency.. anyone tried it on a real phone b4?

Regular Contributor

Confirmation

May be at this case J2ME its have small memory not like J2SE so may be that its diproblem if youcan make taht transparent may be you can manipulation your picture by using grphics editor like adobe photoshop. If u has been to try make sprite technique to solve this problem to??????