Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

[Moved]Vista attempt

Hello,

I know carbide is not meant forvista, but this is what my client has and she wants to compile on her computer.

Code:
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\Odc.exe"		-"!:\sys\bin\Odc.exe"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\Odc.r01"				-"!:\resource\apps\Odc.r01"
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\data\z\private\10003a3f\apps\Odc_reg.r01"	-"!:\private\10003a3f\import\apps\Odc_reg.r01"
    "$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\Odc_aif.mif" 			-"!:\resource\apps\Odc_aif.mif"
    "$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z\resource\apps\Odc.mbm" 				-"!:\resource\apps\Odc.mbm"
    My problem is with the bold line. It is not being generated in the expected directory (or anywhere else). Is there any possibility of not needing the above file ? Why is it there for ?

Thank you
    Catalin

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [Moved]Vista attempt

Check it in the entire epoc32 folder (or simply check its makefile). Usually the .exe is the hard bit, so if you have the .exe, most probably the .mif is also there, just perhaps in an other folder (in epoc32\data or epoc32\data\z\resource for example).

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    Is there any possibility of not needing the above file ? Why is it there for ?
    The MIF file contains packaged the SVG graphics used in your application, e.g. for icons. You may remove it, but in this case the application will be shown on device with the default icon or graphics may be missing in other places.

Instead of dumping the file, try to figure out why it is not being generated. There should be makefile extension responsible for creating it and the relevant output in in console.

Vista should not have an impact in this case, but one never knows really. The console output should give you the right info about this too.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Hi,

It was caused by icons_aif_scalable._dc.mk file which contained:

Code:
    ifeq (WINS,$(findstring WINS, $(PLATFORM)))
    ZDIR=$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(CFG)\Z
    else
    ZDIR=$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\data\z
    endif

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # TODO: Configure these
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TARGETDIR=$(ZDIR)\resource\apps
    ICONTARGETFILENAME=$(TARGETDIR)\Odc_aif.mif
    HEADERDIR=$(EPOCROOT)epoc32\include
    HEADERFILENAME=$(HEADERDIR)\Odc_aif.mbg

ICONDIR=..\gfx

[....]

$(ICONTARGETFILENAME) : $(ICONDIR)\qgn_menu_Odc.svg
    	mifconv $(ICONTARGETFILENAME) \
    		/H$(HEADERFILENAME) \
    		/c32,8 $(ICONDIR)\qgn_menu_Odc.svg
    the file qgn_menu_Odc.svg was present at the required location but I do not know if $(HEADERFILENAME) was also present. I have just commented out that line in .pkg file as I was not using the default icon anyway and it now works. Lucky me.

Thank you
    Last edited by kellogs; 2010-04-14 at 11:39.

$(HEADERFILENAME) is going to be generated by mifconv. You might be luckier than you think: if mifconv fails for some reason, but your code happens to refer Odc_aif.mbg somewhere, it is probably using that generated file from an older build. In this case your code would not build on a new, clean SDK.