Discussion Board

How can i know which nokia mobile supports my application..??

sir
    i am vinay, i have developed an application on 7610, it works on N70,5230 mobiles i have tested my application on those mobiles. Now i want to know on what other Nokia mobiles i can run my application. For my application i am using NetBeans IDE6.5 and i am selecting minimum versions such as [midp 1.0 and cldc 1.0].

How can i check which mobiles support my application....i am unable to start because i dont know where to start...please help me...

Thank you...

Super Contributor

Re: How can i know which nokia mobile supports my application..??

Quote Originally Posted by srinivasreddy501 View Post
    sir
    i am vinay, i have developed an application on 7610, it works on N70,5230 mobiles i have tested my application on those mobiles. Now i want to know on what other Nokia mobiles i can run my application. For my application i am using NetBeans IDE6.5 and i am selecting minimum versions such as [midp 1.0 and cldc 1.0].

How can i check which mobiles support my application....i am unable to start because i dont know where to start...please help me...

Thank you...
    Hello,

If you are working with MIDP1.0 and CLDC 1.0 then you can expect that your app will work on all the other available Nokia's devices.

BTW, what are the maim features that your app is supporting?
    Like the which JSR's are you using?

I guess your app is very basic one, since the most of the JSR are supported on the device with the MIDP version 2.0.Please note this point too.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Nokia Developer Champion

If your app works on N70,5230 then you can be sure that this app will work on the devcies of these two families and of these two screen sizes.

Try to look into NSTL lead device & familiy list, for Java Varified and you can find devided matching to N70 & 5230.

Also list out the JSR's used in your app, is it on Canvas or Form ?

thanks,
    ~Amitabh

Regular Contributor

Below link can be of help:

Java verified supported devices

It has indicated a lead device for a family. And they believe that if an application is compatible to the lead device - all family of devices, that it represents, are already covered. The PDF also lists the device specification that is helpful.