Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Nokia Forum - "Unable to load data" on N79 if xml not found or not loaded

hi,

For my Fl 3.0/AS 2.0 app, I get an error "Unable to load data" on my N79, if the xml that I am loading is not found. This happens while I am checking the onLoad event for the xml to carry on further functions. While on the emulator, I can trace the the onLoad event was not a success with the trace command in the else part.

loadvid.onLoad = function(success)
    {
    trace("success" + success);
    if(success == true)
    {
    parseTheXML();
    }
    else
    {
    trace("xml not found");
    }
    }

I have observed the same error while on a slower connection also. How can I catch this error? What other events can be used to check that the request for the xml has been turned down or the xml cannot be found to be loaded?

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Nokia Forum - "Unable to load data" on N79 if xml not found or not loaded

According to my observation, it is not able to handle "Unable to load data" errors, thats why, there is a Error Handling Proposal by Biskero.One way to disable "Unable to load data" is by embedding it into a WRT. Another approach is to create ur own local server, which tests that whether a file exist or not like Kuneri Lite.
    What other events can be used to check that the request for the xml has been turned down or the xml cannot be found to be loaded?
    I think it can be checked by looking at the success Boolean in onLoad function

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Re: Nokia Forum - "Unable to load data" on N79 if xml not found or not loaded

Hi SajiSoft,

Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    According to my observation, it is not able to handle "Unable to load data" errors, thats why, there is a Error Handling Proposal by Biskero.One way to disable "Unable to load data" is by embedding it into a WRT.
    Can you please tell me how I can supress/disable this message by embedding it into a WRT?

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by sajisoft View Post
    I think it can be checked by looking at the success Boolean in onLoad function
    like I said, I am able to get the value for the flag in the emulator, which clearly suggests that the onLoad wasnt a success, but the same gives the above stated error on the real device. I think being able to embed it into a WRT shall serve my purpose. As I am new to programming and above all Flash Lite, please be a little more generous.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Nokia Forum - "Unable to load data" on N79 if xml not found or not loaded

Can you please tell me how I can supress/disable this message by embedding it into a WRT?[/QUOTE]
    You donot need any special API , just read this article :
    How_to_package_Flash_content_in_a_Widget
    Than embed your swf into a WRT and it automatically suppresses these pop-ups.

BTW, feel free to ask if any of my post is not clear to u.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft